Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2009, 23:39   #31
God Member

Re: Hollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowey View Post
I remember once, a lad jumped of the fire escape from the art building.He was a couple of years above me, but i remember it like it was yesterday. It was a bloody long drop too, He just walked away on to the grass between the main building and the ROSLA block (rasing of school leaving age). & we used to stand on the fish pond when it was frozen over. The one that was outside the main building entrance. Mr Hale, did he teach R.E? I cant remember the name of that really fat music teacher. Eh lads do you remember miss bibby at the 1st year annex, she was hot with those mini skirts she used to wear, what legs!
ah yes Miss Bibby..and I think Mr Hale was the PE teacher.. Mrs Hale, his wife did she teach RE?...was Mr Blackburn one of the metalwork teachers? he was ok but the other one was a pycho...I say that cos one the last day of leaving me and a couple of mates got ****ed on cider in Haworth park, came back and Mr Blackman sent us to see (I think it was Mr Parkinson the deputy head)..who was pretty handy with the cane..but he took one look at us and told us to get lost!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2009, 12:38   #32
Junior Member+

Yes Debbie , I remember Mr Willan, he was a real soft touch all the kids used to tease him. I remember one lad called Gary Parkinson he was the cock of our year, he smashed a chair over Mr Willan. School days eh!our parents were right they are the best days of your life
crowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 20:01   #33

I remember Gary Parkinson. He has a brother called Dave, he was the year above me. Lushy, my maiden name was Oldham. I mated with Elaine Hammond all the way through school and we are still best mates now
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:54   #34
Junior Member+

Hi Sue i remember both names but its the married name i remember the most did u go to the hynburn sport center alot when you were younger, i was the mad fool doing all the somersaults and bombs wetting all the staff and people on the balcony
Lushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:25   #35
Junior Member+

RE teacher was Mr. Turpin. He also used to coach Basket Ball!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:38   #36
God Member

came to me that mrs Meals was the RE teacher in my time.. Mr Turpin was some sort of PE teacher...he talked a good job but was **** at footy.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 13:40   #37

Turpin was one of the good guys, me seems to remember he was more of a badminton man rather than a footie man.

Hi Sue, hows you?
Stephen Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:25   #38

Hiya Stephen, not been on much, I've been ill but am better now..........sort of. I'll send you an email to catch up.
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 01:34   #39
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell220 View Post
I started Hollins in 1977. It well confused me on the first day when I mistakedly went in the boys yard instead of the girls yard, that was really embarassing. Mr Bacon, Mr Cross, Mr Vizzard (remember learning the barn dancing for the Christmas parties) oh what memories!!!
I think i started hollins in 1977,im too old to remember now but i know i left in 82 and i remember mr nutter etc but cant think what the year tutor was called,she was a woman with dark hair and glasses and i was in class 1L1.......i think she had a foreign name
icicleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 01:41   #40
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowey View Post
I remember once, a lad jumped of the fire escape from the art building.He was a couple of years above me, but i remember it like it was yesterday. It was a bloody long drop too, He just walked away on to the grass between the main building and the ROSLA block (rasing of school leaving age). & we used to stand on the fish pond when it was frozen over. The one that was outside the main building entrance. Mr Hale, did he teach R.E? I cant remember the name of that really fat music teacher. Eh lads do you remember miss bibby at the 1st year annex, she was hot with those mini skirts she used to wear, what legs!
Hey Crowie,the fat music teacher was mr harding or pugwash as we called him
Old 27-06-2009, 01:45   #41
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushy View Post
hi Sue i do know the name and for the life of me cant remember where from. what was maiden name. i used to work on the Arndale as security many years ago. you might have seen my name in intro section if not its gary lushman married to a wonderful lady called Carole Whittaker and have a sister called Penny (married name Martin) rory was brother obviously he hung around with John beardsworth he def in your year these are just clues to help you as well lol, but for life of me i do know you but where from i dont know.
I was in the same class as penny lushman
Old 27-06-2009, 01:55   #42
Junior Member+

Does anyone remember mrs harrison,the huge accounts teacher who was always eating during class and had the personality of a frying pan! and also the history teacher mr mckeown who liked chucking his board duster around,and who remembers mr wilkinson woodwork teacher with the big nose,he taught at the annex woodwork room which was under the main steps if i remember rightly
Old 27-06-2009, 09:59   #43
Senior Member+

Do you remember the headmaster who came after Mr Parkinson? His name was Mr Scott? Or was he the head at the same time, I got the cane off him. Wasn't there a Ms Shuttleworth - english teacher?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 10:32   #44

I can remember Mr Scott being the deputy head in my time. Icicle works, I started Hollins in 1977 and left in 1982, didn't get moved up to L1 until the second year, was in
L3 in the first year, what was the name of our year tutor, all I remeber was she was some young woman with blonde hair that went on to marry some famous cricketer. I am trying to work out who you are!!! I remember Penny. My best mates were Lynne Broderick, Wendy Beckton and Susan Everett, think they were all in L3
shell220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 11:40   #45
Senior Member+

I think Mr Parkinson left and then Mr Scott took over, he had a son called Jez Scott who went to Accy Grammar School who wen to teach in USA and died in a motorbike accident, so rumour has it?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..