Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2009, 23:37   #46

Re: Hollins

Heyah
i go hollins now
in year 11 (after summer hols)
its now called the hollins technology college
but we are better at sport than technology
i think they was talking about mr vizard is retiring soon im not sure.
theres no more mr nutter not sure who he is
the headteacher now is mr jackson and hes nice, not like the sounds of mr nutter
Lol
Old 26-07-2009, 23:38   #47

Heyah
i go hollins now
in year 11 (after summer hols)
its now called the hollins technology college
but we are better at sport than technology
i think they was talking about mr vizard is retiring soon im not sure.
theres no more mr nutter not sure who he is
the headteacher now is mr jackson and hes nice, not like the sounds of mr nutter
Lol
Old 26-07-2009, 23:41   #48
God Member

..Mr Nutter was one of the good blokes.. so you can imagine what the bad ones were like
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 23:45   #49

:O Ohh goodness Loll
im so glad nowadays theres no cane!!!
omg!!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:38   #50

Hi

My name is Shabir, I attended Hollins between 1970 and 1975, I remeber all the teachers that have been mentioned from that era, They were such good times. Some of you may have heard that someone drove a scrambler bike through the school, I was there when that happened and I think it was Robert Kissock. I have been friends with Mr Vizzard, Bradley, and Morley since leaving. my two boys go there now and I am also a governor at Hollins. Hollins is a very good school now probaly second to St Christophers. Someone mentioned the sports centre, I worked there between 1980 and 1985 before joining the Army, I returned to Accrington in 1994 and have been here ever since. If any one remebers me drop me a post.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:46   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I think Mr Parkinson left and then Mr Scott took over, he had a son called Jez Scott who went to Accy Grammar School who wen to teach in USA and died in a motorbike accident, so rumour has it?
Jez Scott,lived on the corner at Newton Drive,played guitar?My year at Accy Grammar.Originally came from Workington way,Cumbria.Probarbly where he got the 'biker'thing from.Didnt pay of then did it,if rumours are true.A Wishbone Ash/Tull fan if my memory serves me well.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:53   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi

My name is Shabir, I attended Hollins between 1970 and 1975, I remeber all the teachers that have been mentioned from that era, They were such good times. Some of you may have heard that someone drove a scrambler bike through the school, I was there when that happened and I think it was Robert Kissock. I have been friends with Mr Vizzard, Bradley, and Morley since leaving. my two boys go there now and I am also a governor at Hollins. Hollins is a very good school now probaly second to St Christophers. Someone mentioned the sports centre, I worked there between 1980 and 1985 before joining the Army, I returned to Accrington in 1994 and have been here ever since. If any one remebers me drop me a post.
Hi Shabir,remember any of these...Mick McIntyre,Ste Whelan(Wigs),Dave Sharp,John Duxbury,Stuart Bond(Curles),Phil Crossley,Bev Rushton,Tricia Cobb,Kim Wilson,Andrew Sanderson,Diane Hastewell?Think they might have been in your year,i didnt go to Hollins,just hung around with them.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:53   #53
Senior Member+

Hi Maxwell, So you don't know if he was killed in an accident or what? He used to hang around with Paul Berry and I think Merv Goldsworthy and guitar playing folks of the mid-70's!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:57   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Hi Maxwell, So you don't know if he was killed in an accident or what? He used to hang around with Paul Berry and I think Merv Goldsworthy and guitar playing folks of the mid-70's!
Thats the same man,Paul Berry,grammar school lad lived near Vic pub in Bash?Jez did a bit of time in the band i was in back then,but we didnt need 2 lead guitarists lol.U know Ian Goddard,another axe god fron the 70's?Have also replied 2 your Dave Johns/Paul Starkie thread.
Old 08-01-2012, 20:46   #55

Hi Martin its Ste T here, just been surfing the net and came across the hollins link.
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 21:19   #56
Junior Member+

Hi, just joined the site. Lushy is that Gary? because im Mike Wood who did the paper rounds with you & hung about with you. Went to Hollins 71 - 76, remember all the above mentioned teachers & Mrs Shutt the english one. Hi to all.
Acky252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 16:21   #57
Junior Member+

Acky252 yes it's Gary I was at Hollins the same time left in 76
Old 03-11-2013, 15:28   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi

aoa shabir me shaz been years since we last saw each other.
Shaz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 15:34   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Hi Shabir,remember any of these...Mick McIntyre,Ste Whelan(Wigs),Dave Sharp,John Duxbury,Stuart Bond(Curles),Phil Crossley,Bev Rushton,Tricia Cobb,Kim Wilson,Andrew Sanderson,Diane Hastewell?Think they might have been in your year,i didnt go to Hollins,just hung around with them.
I remember some of them wigs,mick mac,ducky,do you remember howard hudson?
Shaz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 06:41   #60
Junior Member+

I got the taste of every hitting object in the school pump cane board duster it was ace lol I was in the heads office with gary parkinson when he deceied to have a full blown fight with him lol great times
garydavies is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..