Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2004, 11:04   #16

Re: BROCKHALL HOSPITAL 1960s

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 24-08-2004 at 11:06.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2004, 11:05   #17

2 cwt. - that would be just over a hundred Kgs.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 21:19   #18
Junior Member+

Hi
My name is Barry Talbot, I worked as a cook there in 1969 or 1970, Youngbluf was still catering manager and I seem to recall the name Alan Buckley as well. I think a friend of mine from college also worked their later he was called Nigel Hall.
baz270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 21:38   #19

I remember Nigel Hall, and Harry Buckley. Nigel went on to work at Calderstones, then left to work on the Isle of Man, where he was murdered, tied up and stabbed, 1970s. Hope it is the same Nigel Im thinking about. Charlie Jungbluth used to do a bit of part time teaching at Blackburn Tech, thats how I got the job at Brockhall.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2004, 06:44   #20

Sorry Baz, I had the wrong Nigel, Remember, any of these names, Martin Briggs, Roy Howarth, Allan Wearden, Jack Asprey, Dave Jones, Frank Jones, Kitchen porter Albert ( spanish ) , Harry Hargreaves,
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 23:04   #21

hello Barry I Remember you working at the time in main Kitchen. Nigel Hall he came back to work at Brockhall as a Cook and them he become Assistant Head Chef and he was still working till 1988 and he was married and he has a son,
and for all worked in Brockhall I like to sent my regards i work at Brockhall since 1965 till 1988 and a was live at the state of Larkhill cottages in fat next to K.Bonney and I had photos of Wendy and her son and husband and many more I work 15 years on Main Kitchen, 4 years as assistant Nurse on Nights. and 4 years on staff Kitchen on Nigths, and 5 years on staff Kitchen on days. next time I will tell you more. I had good Pictures of Brockhall all the best for everyone who remembers My Name is TOMMY LOPEZ
jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 13:06   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
hello Barry I Remember you working at the time in main Kitchen. Nigel Hall he came back to work at Brockhall as a Cook and them he become Assistant Head Chef and he was still working till 1988 and he was married and he has a son,
and for all worked in Brockhall I like to sent my regards i work at Brockhall since 1965 till 1988 and a was live at the state of Larkhill cottages in fat next to K.Bonney and I had photos of Wendy and her son and husband and many more I work 15 years on Main Kitchen, 4 years as assistant Nurse on Nights. and 4 years on staff Kitchen on Nigths, and 5 years on staff Kitchen on days. next time I will tell you more. I had good Pictures of Brockhall all the best for everyone who remembers My Name is TOMMY LOPEZ
i was a patient there, the food was crap, were you the cook? where do you live? im taking medication so im allowed out.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 16:24   #23

Hello one again, ANY ONE CAN HELP ME TRYINGTO FIND A PICTURE OF BROCKHALL any one can tell me where I can get it.
here are few names I remember from those days, Joe Sparkling (Lodge) and Wife Monica.(Sister) Harry Harrison( Lodge) Austin Morris , James Nuttal (Charge Nurse) Harry Rogers Painters. Carl Ross C.Nurse, J.Stacey. Tommy Warden.Ken Wrigley. Mrs.Robinson. Mr.gaule.Mrs Evans. Jymmy thistlethawaite mr.A Lunan. I.conchie . many more a can mentioned best wishes to you all: I do not if you had any forum for Chat best regards Tommy L
Old 11-07-2005, 20:06   #24

Now all of you can see how real I´m thanks all of you if anything you need here I´m

Tommy lopez
Old 11-07-2005, 20:50   #25

i worked in the greenhouse, at the bottom of the hill in the mid 80s for about 12 months, i remember cuting tuff off the tenis courts and the long walk up to dinner....
.. apest1 ..
apest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 16:15   #26
Resting in peace

Don't know any of the staff, but I certainly remember some patients we got at BRI when I was nursing. If a patient from Brock or Calderstones needed hospital care, or a surgical procedure, they were dumped onto an open ward, and everyone had to cope as best they could. It made for interesting times! - I can remember one dear soul who ate a whole plate of mince and potatoes, fed spoon by spoon by yours truly, then she smiled sweetly and blew the whole lot back all over me. I didn't eat mince for a long time .....

My mother was at Calderstones during the war, when it was a military hospital. She told me that they herded all the usual patients into one area, and used the rest for casualties. Must have been fun.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 10:50   #27
God Member

i know this is a very old thread but both my parents and most of my family worked at brockhall in the 60s/70s....just thought i'd add that one
Old 13-02-2007, 13:54   #28
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i know this is a very old thread but both my parents and most of my family worked at brockhall in the 60s/70s....just thought i'd add that one

And did you ask?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 13:58   #29
God Member

....... and I'll just add that my grandma, Glenis Thomas, was a Sister at Brockhall then Calderstones after Brockhalls closure
Old 13-02-2007, 14:03   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
And did you ask?

my god daddy where the hell did you appear from? i thought you where dead.....i havent spoken to him since november so no i aint asked yet

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..