Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2012, 23:52   #31

Re: Dorothy Westell (Westell)

Hi Jim - haven't got that one but do have a copy of Harper and Sarah's wedding photo (1926 - All Saints, Clayton-le-Moors). Have had this for a while in my family history records and if my aging memory serves me correct I am fairly sure it was one you had downloaded onto Acc'y Web. Not sure if I was allowed to copy it (am confessing now) - bit too late to worry about that, and am sure I wouldn't have done so if instructed not to. Not me!!!! Oops! sorry if I wasn't supposed to. (Not sure of the ruling re this sort of thing). However, it was of great importance to me along with the information attached to it as I was unaware that Harper had remarried until I read your notes at that time. Thank you for this. Hope you are keeping well.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2020, 09:05   #32

Hi Dottie I am Harper’s great great great granddaughter, I’m searching the family history and would love to hear any more information you have if possible please.
William westell son of Harper and Sarah is my great great grandad,
Joseph harper westell son of William and Ada is my great grandad,
Vincent westell son of Joseph and Mary is my grandad.

Thank you
Misswesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 00:18   #33

Hi Misswessy, am sorry for the delay in acknowledging your request but have only just seen this posting. My apologies. A few weeks ago I sent a heap of information by snail mail (on hard copies) to Amy Westell who of course is from the same family line as yourself but have not heard from her as to whether she has received this. If you would like to check with her, and if she did receive it, I think you will find some information that will be of interest to you. You can send me a private message if you wish and I will answer promptly. Will be more than happy to help.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:59   #34

By the way, William was the son of Harper and his first wife Dorothy (nee Laytham), not Sarah. Harper's mother was called Sarah (nee Harper - hence the name of her son, and this name then became a name which has been passed on through the generations). Harper's second wife was called Sarah. The second marriage was much later in life and produced no children. Harper had 7 children with his first marriage to Dorothy and his second wife had had 9 with her first husband.

I have emailed you via Accyweb.

Last edited by dotti34; 20-09-2020 at 03:03.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..