Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 18:45   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hollins High School "76"

Ello Sean.Havent seen a lot of them myself recently.I think mackys living abroad somewhere,did the whole goa trip,hippy trail,have bag will travel thing.Saw him last about 95.Still in touch with his older brother neale,who lives on south coast.The other brother roger died about 10 years ago(i dont know if u knew those two).Ste whelan also died a couple of years back.Andy sanderson has a butchers shop in bash ,ithink the rest are still in accy somewhere.I dont know if youve ever been back up here,but believe me its ****e.
maxwell silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2006, 15:20   #32
Resting in Peace

Hi...

I started at Hollins in 1973 and left 1978 :-) and the place is still standing and the teachers look pretty much the same... must be something in the water:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 18:44   #33
God Member

this is a photo of girls hollins school outing .. I don't know the exact year but its mid-70's [img=http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5539/21243962xo2.th.jpg]

some moody looking gear you lot were wearing them days!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 13:32   #34
Jak
Junior Member+

I was at Hollins from 68/9 left about 1973 Remember Mr Morley Mr Bacon and Miss Meredith
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 15:33   #35
Full Member+

Jak
Way before Hollins - I remember a Dickinson living on Hopwood Street back in the day. we lived on Higher Antley Street opposite Betty Whatmough's.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 20:32   #36
Jak
Junior Member+

Hi there I was at Hollins from 1968/9 until 1974. love to speak to some familiar oldies like me. Some names that spring to mind are Denise Mitchell Cherry Howarth Sharon Foster Janice Yerkis Janet Nicholson Linda Chew (all maiden names) Love to know what everyone is up to.
sharon58k likes this.
Old 10-10-2008, 20:36   #37
Jak
Junior Member+

My memory is not what it was but I was often around Higher Antley St with Kathleen Conway. We lost touch and were re united by a mutual friend about 10 years ago.
Old 13-10-2008, 08:48   #38

My older brother and sister went to hollins (as did I, but later), David Glasgow 72-77 and Patricia(Trish) Glasgow 75-80.
Anyone know of or remember them?

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 21:28   #39

I remember David Glasgow we were in the same year. If I recall correctly he was n icknamed "Taffy" for some reason unbeknown! In slight difference to your post I'm sure it was '73 to '78.

Ian

PS It's good to be back on the forum after a 4 month absence!
MovedtoBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 22:13   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedtoBolton View Post

It's good to have you back....your sig reminds of a sweet thing I met in Clacton many moons ago......happy day's

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 09:37   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedtoBolton View Post
I remember David Glasgow we were in the same year. If I recall correctly he was n icknamed "Taffy" for some reason unbeknown! In slight difference to your post I'm sure it was '73 to '78.

Ian

You're probably right!!
And yes, people STILL call him Taffy. (I still don't know why either, lol).

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 22:09   #42
Junior Member+

Could any one help? I am looking for a few people who I have not been in touch with for some twenty odd years. Ray (Ramon) Moor. Paul Merideth. Andrew Moore. Martyn Ali. Gemma (Curtis) The Beautiful Patricia (I cannot remember your second name, but you had Blonde hair and I was deeply in love with you from afar...) any help would be gratefully received.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 07:36   #43
Junior Member+

I have remembered the second name of the Blonde goddess of my youth. Cobb! Patricia Cobb! Ahh! If only I had my youth again...I would still become a gibbering wreck in her presence no doubt!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 11:54   #44
Senior Member+

Hello Rick.Still see Trish down Accy now & again.She's wed now(well i think she still is)& still looks a babe.She still lives in Bash & knocks around with the same bash girls Kim Wilson,Bev Rushton,Polly,Julie Killenbeck.I think tey have a night on the town now & again.We all fancied Trish & some of us still do
Old 26-10-2008, 12:50   #45
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Does Bev Rushton have a brother called David?
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..