Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2017, 15:51   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Roy Frankland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They certainly are,went down yon with the school, and on the Romney,Hythe,@ Dymchurch railway, stayed St Marys Bay, defo no Kessingland down yon.
Thanks for the geography lesson Rowlf and Cashman. I have been to Kessingland but not the one in Kent obviously. That may have been another school holiday and I was only eight or so. Funny how you can remember incorrect - sorry- alternative facts all your life until some clever dick(s) puts you right!

Fireman 32 is correct - Dad did teach history and some geography, which didn't rub off on me it seems. He died in October last year. Nowt lasts forever.
Paul Frankland is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2017, 17:18   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Frankland View Post
Thanks for the geography lesson Rowlf and Cashman. I have been to Kessingland but not the one in Kent obviously. That may have been another school holiday and I was only eight or so. Funny how you can remember incorrect - sorry- alternative facts all your life until some clever dick(s) puts you right!

Fireman 32 is correct - Dad did teach history and some geography, which didn't rub off on me it seems. He died in October last year. Nowt lasts forever.
Obvious to me you are the clever dick.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:22   #33
Mog

Quote:
They certainly are,went down yon with the school, and on the Romney,Hythe,@ Dymchurch railway, stayed St Marys Bay, defo no Kessingland down yon.
Quite right Olly. I live in Hythe Kent. 100m in front of my flat is the Hythe station. for the said railway.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:13   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Quite right Olly. I live in Hythe Kent. 100m in front of my flat is the Hythe station. for the said railway.
I know mate, but put somebody right and get called a clever dick for it. only 1 of those i can see.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:54   #35
Junior Member+

Quote:
I know mate, but put somebody right and get called a clever dick for it. only 1 of those i can see.
Not certain if I have offended you chaps - apologies all round if so. I thought it was in keeping with general Accringtonian banter, but as I haven't lived there for 59 years I may have overstepped the mark.

I will bow out now - don't want to upset anyone. Cheerio.
Paul Frankland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:13   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Frankland View Post
Not certain if I have offended you chaps - apologies all round if so. I thought it was in keeping with general Accringtonian banter, but as I haven't lived there for 59 years I may have overstepped the mark.

I will bow out now - don't want to upset anyone. Cheerio.
Dont moider oer it Paul, tis no big deal,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..