Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By gpick24
  • 5 Post By blunderedin

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2016, 07:11   #1
Junior Member+

Smile Dilys Butterworth

Hoping to trace a Dilys Butterworth ,i used to live in Blackburn but i used to come over to Accy and go to Joe Morts it was there i met Dilys
She was a beautiful girl so friendly i am in my seventies so Dilys must be the same it was a time in my life when i thought i was in love,she was warm and so loving but she used to keep going out with this lad she met at school,i would come over to see her at Joe Morts but i would find she didn't want me around because she had gone back courting this lad from school,i was so jealous.
Suddenly she disappeared i never saw her again ,the last time i saw her was about September 1955.
i would love to contact her and talk over the good times we had together,she had a mate called Barbara Bridge i tried to contact Barbara but unfortunately Barabara had died.
Hope someone can help
blunderedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2016, 07:44   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Dilys Butterworth

I do hope this isn`t the lady you`re looking for - Heartbroken husband's photo album tribute following death of childhood sweetheart wife - Accrington Observer
cashman and bernie94 like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 09:50   #3
Junior Member+

Unhappy Re: Dilys Butterworth

Oh no, yes that is the lady in question how sad but she will stay in my memory forever
Old 24-08-2016, 11:46   #4
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
How sad that you never got to meet up with her again.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 17:10   #5
Junior Member+

the one who posted trying to find Dilys Butterworth is an imposter,he seemed to know about accrington and yes Barbara Bridge was a friend of hers.I found that my email had been hacked,all passwords changed so it shouldn't happen again.
This site is in the clear no problem
since my wife died last December i was sending emails to friends and to the ones who knew her so everything about her was there but its safe now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..