Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2021, 13:45   #1
Junior Member+

Looking for peter ? Plays uke? And mcburney family

Hi I am still looking for peter? Use to play uke, george formby tribute and played in hotel in blackpool.and at the time a carpet fitter 1979 ish accrington. He was friends of kevin mcburney , RIP . Looking for kevin's sister letitia smith, burnley, son's joseph and Paul. And not least my friend susan hacking ( nee ) ginn. Clement street. Accrington. Many thanks Sarah.
Coralqueen555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2021, 21:53   #2
Full Member+

Re: Looking for peter ? Plays uke? And mcburney family

Think its Peter Hartley your looking for if it is I am sorry to say he died a while back.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 23:18   #3
Junior Member+

Did you know pete?? I hope it's not the one ... Many thanks
Old 09-03-2021, 15:48   #4
Full Member+

Yes I did know Peter but he was more of a friend of my brother. I think peter used to live round the Ribblesdale Ave area.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2021, 13:07   #5
Junior Member+

Many thanks for your reply. I went out with pete over 43 years ago, unbelievable, I was living in blackpool at the time. The first time I met him was at a hotel where he was singing and playing George formby.. then next moment he was head bang to status quo.. I remember he was doing carpet fitter. His boss was called steve.. I've thought about him for years hoping he was doing ok. Could you ask your brother what he knows about pete please. And if he has pictures.. many thanks. X
Old 29-03-2021, 04:43   #6
Junior Member+

Any more news please
Old 07-04-2021, 02:51   #7
Senior Member+

Just checked some records and there was a Peter Hartley passed away in Blackburn 1996 aged 46.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 21:42   #8
Junior Member+

Thank you he was living in accrington. If the one I have been told about he passed about 11 years ago. It's hard to know , I couldn't remember his last name.. thanks
Old 02-07-2021, 19:52   #9
Junior Member+

Any news about Pete. Do you think I could write to your brother??. What was Pete's wife called. Many thanks. Can't get him out of my head.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:45   #10
Beacon of light

Coral queen, it may be that this man lived in Accrington, but registrations are done in Blackburn.....also if he was hospitalised and died in hospital, then again the registration would be Blackburn.
I am sorry to rain on your parade, but if ferretman and Ossykid are both saying that he has passed then I feel that must be true.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 19:13   #11
Junior Member+

Thank you Margaret. I just want to find out 100% it's the same Pete. But again thanks. Such a shock. X

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..