Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2015, 02:02   #481
Junior Member+

Re: Moorhead High School

Private message sent.
the saint 1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2015, 14:24   #482
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey110111 View Post
Please
can someone remind me what date gary robinson was struck by lightning.
ever since that day ive been petrified of lightning.
me and my friend mark ingham was stood in the doorway of the shop on meadoway sheltering from the massive hail stones pelting down when the lightning flew over our heads it was only about 50ft above us we saw the shape of it and everything it was awful.we said bloody hell thats hit something it was only when i got home my sister who went to moorhead at the time told me what happened.the poor lad his name has stook in my head ever since
It was Thursday 5th June 1980
Old 10-03-2016, 15:05   #483

What year did this happen?
wigass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 15:06   #484

Just seen it 1980
Old 10-03-2016, 15:08   #485

I started in 1988, and remember asking a pe teacher about it but he was clueless and thought I'd made it up, he even said if it had happened he would have read about it.
Old 10-03-2016, 15:09   #486

Also scrolling back through the chat, Mrs Jones was the head when I was there, and she lived at the back of the swan pub
Old 10-03-2016, 15:26   #487

Remember Mr watmore (spelt wrong) he had a lump on his head, mr foster he used to go round sniffing farts.mrs cruise was hot has I remember.
Old 10-03-2016, 15:28   #488

I left in 1993 by the way
Old 09-04-2016, 23:39   #489
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigass View Post
Just seen it 1980
Yes 1980. Surprised the P.E teacher was "clueless", the school held a sporting trophy in honour of Garry every year if memory serves
Old 10-04-2016, 15:30   #490

Can anyone remember someone being killed with a javelin at one of our schools in the hyndburn area in the 80s?I heard something about it but didn't know if it was true or not.
Old 10-04-2016, 21:03   #491
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigass View Post
Can anyone remember someone being killed with a javelin at one of our schools in the hyndburn area in the 80s?I heard something about it but didn't know if it was true or not.
i heard a similar rumor when at school about a pupil walking across the field while games was on and getting impaled by a javelin

was a long time ago i think the rumor said it happened on the lower field behind st Christopher's but childhood rumor and decades of time passing will probably have led to all of what i put been highly inaccurate

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:51   #492

Cheers accyman, yeah now you have said that it has jogged my memory and that is a similar story to what I heard.
Old 11-05-2016, 15:07   #493

Mr green and mr ormerod sadly passed away
Old 01-08-2017, 08:31   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
I might be wrong then, i thought i'd heard/read somewere he used to teach in Accrington and lived up Ossy.
Hi , yes jim bowen did teach at moorhead when it was the grammer school
noodles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 15:06   #495
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles1 View Post
Hi , yes jim bowen did teach at moorhead when it was the grammer school
I think you are mistaken there - I know someone he taught at HYNDBURN PARK secondary (not a grammar school)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..