Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2020, 15:53   #496

Re: Moorhead High School

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Oh gawd the nightmare's returning with those names popping up, i was in Hargreaves house . Gee it was like the old days going stanley this season morecambe match & Mr Nevile behind me & Mr chuckle in queue behind me too
Haha, don’t forget mrs Cruise, we all fancied her lol, I left in 93 but it’s strange because it doesn’t seem that long ago, I still see mr broughton around, there was mr Watmore too with the lump on his head and mrs Heap the French teacher, mr Robinson too , he was old school, he used to hurt you lol
wigass is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2020, 09:52   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I think you are mistaken there - I know someone he taught at HYNDBURN PARK secondary (not a grammar school)
Just spotted this post, yes you are correct Margaret, it was Hyndburn Park not Moorhead.
I may be a Luddite but I still have a decent memory, stay safe,stay Happy, Your's Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 10:25   #498
Full Member+

Defo Hyndburn Park I still have the mental scars to prove it.
taddy likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 09:39   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Defo Hyndburn Park I still have the mental scars to prove it.
At least you have a better sence of humour than Jim (Bully) Bowen had and he was (supposed), to be a comedian).
Your's as ever, The Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 15:18   #500

I love reading all the stories about Moorhead, I left in 1993 and can remember quite a lot of the teachers mentioned but who was the teacher that had a big lump on the top of his forehead? Was it mr Whatmore?
Old 25-09-2022, 12:43   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossendaleRed View Post
I remember all those teachers mentioned earlier, cant believe Mr Williamson is still teaching art, his wife taught us French as well. He put down £100 on my desk in tenners to answer a question i quite clearly could not answer! Gave me E E in my report "little imagination" etc etc. Mr Robinson and Cricket and Italian Football, those were good days! Memories Memories. Mr McGraph looking at the cieling whilst talking to you...Mr Cauldwell taking the mick out of people. Mr Wells, and his knack of making you sing a nursery rhyme when you went into his classroom....Mrs Simms? Does anybody remember her? What was the female music teacher called who loved herself? I left in 84
I think the music teacher was mrs cruise, all the lads fancied her
Old 25-09-2022, 12:46   #502

Bigsy I remember you, I hung round with lee Jackson, stesh and Duncan eastham
Old 25-09-2022, 12:47   #503

Mr whatmore, I left in 1993 too

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..