Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2012, 15:44   #451

Re: Moorhead High School

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmac76 View Post
whats yer name Ossy. Im mick McCarthy. Been out of the town since 1994. joined up, left army in 2005 and now live down south in Essex. I'm up in accy for christmas staying with my brother (Wingy) roy and a few others. looking forward to it to be honest.
alright Mick its Phil Rothera, what you doing with all the southerners, you turning soft?
Old 19-06-2012, 22:49   #452

Wow - a lot of memories reading this thread

I noticed there is a list of teachers and I'm sure its the same Barrett that taught science at Moorhead still there! http://www.accrington-academy.org/up...12_03march.pdf

I see there is a moorhead facebook group too!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2434257212/
skooldaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 15:55   #453
Senior Member+

If it's Lindsey Barrett she is still there and teaches Physics.
Old 23-06-2012, 16:50   #454
Junior Member+

my fiance used to go to that school in the 80's it was brilliant. he remembers these teachers miss hindley taught 1c used to get lifts with cauldwell mr/mrs walmsley,english mr bolton rip,emphasis lad he would say with his arms. mr white mr elmer music, mr mcaffery mr webb did re, mr riley biology,mrs ainsworth,geogy with mr cauldwell mr simpkins mrs schofield, mr magrath physics, mr phillips rip french with mr walker and mrs phillips. mr scott rnd mr green beard itchy, mr jordan caught you smoking and art mr and mrs wilkinson art teachers?? mrs jones head, mrs skull physics fags,, mr robbins maths deputy, mr machale tash girls fav, mrs heap maths mr windle PE,WITH MR COMBOVER ???? mrs roberts miss tomlinson miss blades,come on girls x mr schofield maths rip,mr rigby crafts mrs rigby history mr neald woodwork mrs scott maths mr wells metalwork is that a record ??? OMG
dawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 21:15   #455
Junior Member+

sorry it was mrs stewart geogy and mr ormrod maths rip my apologies. he also remembered mr haworth meatloaf for biology mr harris physics and mr littler chemmy still cant remember the typist teacher with the wig who was allowed to let all the girls smoke.french trip to bouloungne in 84 was fab any memories of that one.

Last edited by dawnie; 23-06-2012 at 21:20.
dawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 23:56   #456
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianakabigsy View Post
Ray were u in the same year as my brother lee cawtherley u too linsay i knew ur name sounded familiar but i couldnt think why , haha the walmsleys also the williamsons , i detested mr williamson an i dont remember sutcliffe wat did he teach ?
No, I would have recalled his name. I was there 1977-82. Williamson's wife was fair sexy.
sugarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 13:04   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
sorry it was mrs stewart geogy and mr ormrod maths rip my apologies. he also remembered mr haworth meatloaf for biology mr harris physics and mr littler chemmy still cant remember the typist teacher with the wig who was allowed to let all the girls smoke.french trip to bouloungne in 84 was fab any memories of that one.
Mrs Chippendale
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:43   #458

Red face Re: Moorhead High School

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs11 View Post
Brings back some memories this especially the football team of 72 to 77 as mentioned by Johnno. Wasnt in the team myself but certainly remember all the names and characters.

Also remember some others such as all the Smiths!! AP (andy)(remember all that bloody dosh!!!! and all with only 1 good eye if you remember - twenty pound notes all over Queens Road!!), PB (Peter) (R.I.P.) I (Ian - the only lad in the year that never had a fight but had a reputation as a hard nut!! - not true though cos Ive given him a few good slappings since and hes soft as sh.te!! Few others have as well over the years which even I was surprised at!!), M (Mark I think??) and another A (Andy I believe)
Ah thanks for that Bobs. I have only just joined the site and was looking through this thread when I came upon this comment on me.
iansmiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 20:37   #459

I remember Gary robinson really well as I as one of the six kids who got struck by that lightening and spent the night in hospital. I don't live in accrington anymore but it's nice to know that even after all this time he hasn't been forgotton.
vickylou and mageorge like this.
moynab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 20:43   #460

I remember that day lass as I was one of the six that spent the night in the hospital after being struck. We were in all the papers so if you get in touch with the sun or the mirror they will have an item on this. I don't live in accrington anymore but ill never forget that day. So sorry about your uncle x
vickylou and mageorge like this.
moynab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:32   #461
Full Member+

My dad Frank was one of the school caretakers when that happened. Everyone was really shocked.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29   #462
Junior Member+

garry is my uncle....Im his younger sisters daughter
vickylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:30   #463
Junior Member+

it is so nice that he hasnt been forgoten, cant wait to show my mum this site and my grandad xxx
Old 08-08-2013, 10:32   #464
Junior Member+

i have grown up knowing so much about the person he was..and i was just looking for the newspaper article when i found this site...
mageorge likes this.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:49   #465
Junior Member+

my mum was his sister

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..