Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 12:41   #1
I am Banned

The best bands of the last 2 years

Is anyone listening to some new music thats exciting. Seen any decent bands lately. I want to go and watch HARD FI on Tuesday in Manchester but cant make it unfortunatley because I haven't seen them before. Someone recommended their album and I think ist great.
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2005, 12:53   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: The best bands of the last 2 years

I think there are some great bands around at the minute. I love the Kaiser Chiefs. Sadly though I haven't seen them, the last concert I went to was the Daddy of Punk Iggy Pop, who still has it going on.

It all came of as well for his usual party piece, to reveal his legendary, er............support act.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 13:16   #3
God Member

its definately a great time for music at the mo, bands such as the Zutons, the Futureheads, the Subways, Secret Machines, 22-20s, and my new favourite band Arctic Monkeys are bringing back the best of British talent.
i suggest if you havent heard of any of these bands, check 'em out! theyre a breath of fresh air into the monotonous state of the UK charts.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 17:34   #4
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: The best bands of the last 2 years

Look out for a band called OperatorSix. They are a four-piece guitar-driven indie band, who hail from Keighley, West Yorkshire.
Lettie & I saw them at St. Georges Hall in Bradford earlier this year, when they were the support act to Paul Weller. I was impressed enough to purchase their first Album, "Alibi", when it was released in September.
I predict a big future for this band.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 20:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
its definately a great time for music at the mo, bands such as the Zutons, the Futureheads, the Subways, Secret Machines, 22-20s, and my new favourite band Arctic Monkeys are bringing back the best of British talent.
i suggest if you havent heard of any of these bands, check 'em out! theyre a breath of fresh air into the monotonous state of the UK charts.
yes i agree now we just have to do something about simon cowel, pete waterman and louis walsh ..the grand ruination of the uk music scene
Old 04-12-2005, 21:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff70
yes i agree now we just have to do something about simon cowel, pete waterman and louis walsh ..the grand ruination of the uk music scene
Those 3 aren't the ruin of the UK music scene - the people who buy the records they produce and vote on the shows they are on are to blame for that. Therefore unfortunately we only really have ourselves (or at least our peers) to blame.

"it's not the things they say about me I worry about - it's the things they whisper."
BumFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 21:13   #7
Resting In Peace

I have just bought a new CD which is well worth a listen, by a couple of oldies but by no means has-beens. Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb, the name of the album is Guilty Too, it is a follow up album to Guilty which was released in 1980. Excellent easy listening! Well that is of course IMHO.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 23:38   #8

richmond fontaine did a bloody good album other year called " post to wire "
Old 12-02-2006, 17:57   #9

artic monkeys
doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 18:07   #10

Arctic Monkeys
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:02   #11

or if your not into all these up and coming indie bands disturbed are good live
Old 05-03-2006, 12:31   #12
God Member

fave new band - Dirty Pretty Things (Libertines without the smack head pot bellied one)
going to see 'em at preston uni in april, should be quality!
Old 05-03-2006, 23:38   #13
Junior Member+

We've got tickets to see Hard Fi in Manchester in May, same week as Morrissey at Blackburn so should be a good week! Morrissey wins hands down for me, but the Hard Fi album is good. I decided it was time I dragged myself kicking and screaming from those alternative 80s days....it's been a painful process but I'm getting there, still having a few relapses tho!
Klactoveesedstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:13   #14

Just heare a band called The Mooney Suzuki, best stuff iv'e heard in quite a while. I'ts a bit who/zep/doors 'esk.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:01   #15
God Member

I heard of them a couple of years ago on some MTV reality show or something, haven't heard anything since...think I may have to *cough* legally download some tunes of theirs

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..