Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 21:27   #61

Re: Mary's Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
Holds Shady McGough back.... "Leave her alone Shades, shes not worth it!!"
Thanks Uncle Mick, Bloody Reidys......... D 'N' T was a fine establishment in which I served my musical apprenticeship for at least ten or more years as a Saturday lad, part time worker, christmas temp and assistant manager. Sorely missed by a hardy few.
Old 02-08-2014, 19:21   #62
Junior Member+

i did all those crawls in the 60's and went out with one of the Dansaks..... Hope & Anchor, Broadway, Derby, Blockade, Black Horse (GREAT JUKEBOX - Otis Redding, Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. pub just off Abbey St up the top, nbear Oak ZSt in one of the cross streets........ one day perhaps I'll do a map of the pubs.. many long gone!
Also did "crawls"Iin Clayton .. Greyhound, Load of Mischief etc.... and Ossy.... starting at Church Commercial, now a sad site (sight?!).. I wish people did not use pseudonyms, makes it hard to spot those past associates.. I am Jenny Creasey from Whalley Rd accy, (although Im now married). does anyone remember the Dansaks, and the Warriors? Whatever happened to all the guys in those groups. I've been living abroad and then in West Sussex, but still come back to Accy every 3 months re old rellys... My sister used to post on this web as Susie 123, but sadly died on New Years Eve...... my email for any old Accringtonians who recall me is [email protected]. Happy days those round the pubs of Accy, oh so innocent!
jenny creasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 19:59   #63
Senior Member+

Seeing as this thread was started by steel jack does anybody know if he is still around?
I will be seeing a mate tomorrow who worked along side me and his father Fred in the mid 60,s.
We worked at Batty Holt continental coach tours.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:18   #64

If I remember rightly, Mary was Joe Mortimer's missus, he of Morts ballroom. By heck I had some fun there, Sunday afternoon dances; steering the old girls around the floor in exchange for dancing lessons.
Shades of Joyce Grenfill; "Stately as a Galleon" more whalebone than to scaffold a Town Hall, dad wasn't too impressed!!.
umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:50   #65
Senior Member+

Am sad to hear of Susie123 dying. She was a lively poster on here

I think it great that a thread gets resurrected after 8 years. Well done Jenny
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:09   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Susie was a great lass n well missed,
Old 10-07-2015, 15:35   #67
Junior Member+

the Disc and tape was my shop..
mikeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 20:05   #68
Full Member+

Right on the corner, Right on price!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..