Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 18:25   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
My mum always told me to wear clean undies in case I had an accident. I really don't think the A&E would be interested in the state of my undies!
If you had an accident, would you not mess your undies anyway? lol

:engsmil:

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2006, 18:27   #17
Senior Member+

Mum always said "stop your whining or else i'll give you something to whine about". Never really understood the logic in that one, but i'd usually shut up.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 18:55   #18
Resident Waffler

I used to get that one - along with "Do you want a good hiding?" "Ooh yes please Mum!"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 15:41   #19
Resting in peace

I remember being told to wear clean undies in case I got knocked over. One better than that though, when my mother was Night Sister at Hope Hospital in Salford at the beginning of the war, they had a roll call during a bombing raid and one nurse was missing. Mother went to look for her, and found her in her bedroom, threading blue ribbon through her broderie anglaise petticoat. The reason? - her mother would never forgive her if she wasn't a well-dressed corpse!!!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 16:05   #20
God Member

Never be worried about speaking out, if it makes you nervous just imagine the people naked and you'll be fine - that ones got me into a lot of trouble in the past!!!!! lol

Even the Queen needs to poop!

Finish your veg or you can't leave the table.

Look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

Have to be fair to my Mum and Dad, none of these were from them, it was my Grandma who had a saying for every occassion.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 17:17   #21
Yank in King Art's Court!

Finally thought of one: I was ~16, it was a halloween night, after picking me up from the police station, my dad said "when you fly with crows, you'll get shot down with crows!"

I really expected more, like being boiled in oil or having my skin slowly torn from me body. This poetic verse from my father was way out of character for him. Gosh, I expected such a beating. I'm thinking "where has this guy been for the past 16 years?"

Brian (Strong, Brave, Tough Like an Indian!)

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..