Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 16:30   #31
Resting in peace

Re: old haunts

The Commercial used to be very smart - it was also residential. I've got a photograph aged about 10 bedizened in a very fluffy bridesmaid's dress, on the doorstep of the Commercial, and went to many a do there. Didn't drink much in town, really, there was a pub we used to go to near the Infirmary when I was nursing, but we couldn't afford to drink that often. Went more to pubs around Whalley and the Ribble Valley - and there was a very good club in Whalley in the 60s called the Ace of Spades. We thought it was the height of sophistication!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2006, 17:41   #32
Resting in Peace

My first haunts were The Derby on Saturday and Monday before going up the "Con" Accy Stanely Supporters Club on Sunday night, there was a teriffic Jazz Clud there in the 60s. but I used to hang out in the Bay Horse in Ossy during the week. Then when I was 18 I moved to the Stop And Rest and the Heys Inn
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 22:52   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
is the little un still going up manchester rd near firestaion . ?? remem going in there as well was really pokey and clicky
think you mean the Tramway cherokee? little pokey lions house just below the park inn on the corner.thats long gone,and so,s the firestation lol
Old 04-10-2006, 22:57   #34
God Member

Thats the one cashy my grandad used to live in the little row of cottages that run up from it ... another all gone OMG at this rate there wont be any left .. i remember there being loads in ossy as i grew up then they all started dwindlin away one by one . we used to live in the plane tree when i was a baby..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 14:33   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
Thats the one cashy my grandad used to live in the little row of cottages that run up from it ... another all gone OMG at this rate there wont be any left .. i remember there being loads in ossy as i grew up then they all started dwindlin away one by one . we used to live in the plane tree when i was a baby..
one of the few things i remember these days PUBS, i can remember the grooves in the road when i was young were the tramlines used to be,went down back of fire/police station.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..