Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 13:39   #466

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Played o.k. last night at "Globe gig", nearly "fluffed" the solo on Shaking all Over when Sandra stood up in the middle of the song to "shake all over" which distracted me, told her over the mike as soon as we'd finished the song ,which everybody laughed at, it was that kind of night - good natured heckling all night- good fun! Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2010, 18:09   #467
Senior Member+

Message for James and anyone who can help

Do you remember DR MARIGOLDS PRESCRIPTION playing up Accrington Con please. Trying to contact one of the members, who lives in London area. He did a lovely version of "PEOPLE GET READY"

Last edited by Atarah; 04-10-2010 at 18:18.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 21:00   #468

Hi Trev. Glad you had a good night. We played unplugged, think we were better than with all the gear!! I did call in at the globe at half seven on my way to Blackburn, thought you might be havin' a sound check and I could have a quick word but I see you'd already set up the gear. You'll have to let me know if you can get em to play again before Christmas.
Talk to ya soon. T.
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 21:20   #469

Hi All. When we were in Spain we went up to Benidorm and stayed on a Thursday night. Must be one of the only nights Wammy doesn't play! We found the bar, Rock and Roll house at the North end of Beni. at the Rinco.,Can't really go much further on unless you wanna go play in the Aqua park. There was a poster in the bar and he seems to be going under the name of Wambam rock and roll show. (I think that was it, but I'd had a few bevis!). So sorry Jim, didn't get to give him a hug for ya, I was hoping I might have brought a photo back for you all but not to be. Saw a couple of good bands though, three guys doing some heavy rock who were excellent and a couple of old guys (even older than me), who were obviously just enjoying themselves. After 4 weeks over there i was just settling in.....haven't warmed up since I got back. Tony
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 22:01   #470

Hiya T, sorry missed seeing you on Saturday,I did'nt get there till after 8 ish, been playing with Fran on Friday in Ingol for one of his daughters birthday party,good fun again! Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 18:38   #471
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post

Do you remember DR MARIGOLDS PRESCRIPTION playing up Accrington Con please. Trying to contact one of the members, who lives in London area. He did a lovely version of "PEOPLE GET READY"
If James is Jim Payne , I can give him a ring if you want .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post

Hi Atarah,
Sorry, but I've never heard of Dr Marigolds Prescription, what year are we talking about roughly? I left Accy in 1969, if it was after that I wouldn't know them. Cheers, Jim.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:50   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hi All. When we were in Spain we went up to Benidorm and stayed on a Thursday night. Must be one of the only nights Wammy doesn't play! We found the bar, Rock and Roll house at the North end of Beni. at the Rinco.,Can't really go much further on unless you wanna go play in the Aqua park. There was a poster in the bar and he seems to be going under the name of Wambam rock and roll show. (I think that was it, but I'd had a few bevis!). So sorry Jim, didn't get to give him a hug for ya, I was hoping I might have brought a photo back for you all but not to be. Saw a couple of good bands though, three guys doing some heavy rock who were excellent and a couple of old guys (even older than me), who were obviously just enjoying themselves. After 4 weeks over there i was just settling in.....haven't warmed up since I got back. Tony
Hi Dublomad,
That's a shame, but never mind. He sent me a copy of his new album about 2 months ago. As long as he's enjoying himself. Thinking of moving over there yourself are you? Sounds like you enjoyed it. Best wishes, Jim.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:01   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
If James is Jim Payne , I can give him a ring if you want .
Hello JCB,
Thanks for letting me know about the questions. Give Holly a biscuit for me! Take care, Jim.
Old 06-10-2010, 18:48   #475
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hello JCB,
Thanks for letting me know about the questions. Give Holly a biscuit for me! Take care, Jim.
No problem Jim . Those at 77 are fine . Holly has had enough to eat today .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 20:38   #476
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Although his Posters still up at Rock and Roll House i dont think he's playing there just at the moment, although things frequently change in Beni! He was still on at Heartbreak on the Levante Prom, and at The Western Saloon, next door to the Ambassador Hotel when i was over last month. I didn't get chance to talk with him, but he was on stage at Western Saloon when i was going past early one night, but i was on me way to meet a couple of pals so hadn't time to pop in!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 00:18   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Roy Taylors still up Bash James, worked wi him oer 20 yrs,only see him occasionally these days, used to give him stick at work, fer going to Wimbledon fer annual hols every year, never stopped him though.
Yep Roy Taylor still works at the Bash

A great Bloke
Vicbfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:14   #478

Never took him to be a tennis player Cashy,
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 21:40   #479
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicbfc View Post
Yep Roy Taylor still works at the Bash

A great Bloke
Dunno were he works these days vic, was referring to his home,up bash. top geezer though as ya say.
Old 30-10-2010, 15:17   #480
Junior Member+

hi i was drummer in the nosmo kings, do you want to know more? Im new to this so be patient. Al
albaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..