Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 14:06   #496

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Also got a photo of Dave Ayrton if you would like me to put it on here Trev. Circa 1965.
Hiya Al, good to hear from you,yeh would love to see piccy of Ayrty,- really when I think about it he had a lot to do with the success of "The Scorcher's". Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2010, 05:31   #497

Recognise, the other two Trev, Im still in contact with Greg, That was taken outside the Cambridge Press, next to the old built in bus shelter on Whalley Rd. Cheers.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:32   #498

Sorry Trev Ill try again towmorow, dont know what happened.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:03   #499
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

another good night great performance by the lads, shadow trev came along,was good to see him again, also Francis T, turned up, which was great to see, didn't recognize him cos 40 odd years is a long time. will mention to florry next time i bump into him.
Old 07-11-2010, 13:32   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
another good night great performance by the lads, shadow trev came along,was good to see him again, also Francis T, turned up, which was great to see, didn't recognize him cos 40 odd years is a long time. will mention to florry next time i bump into him.
Yeh Cashy's right! another "belt'in" night thank's to Tony & the boy's , vocal's "bang on " as before, I'm well impressed! Glad Fran managed to make it & my brother-in-law & Cashy made me smile as they were forced to get up to dance,good time had by all.
Old 07-11-2010, 13:37   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Sorry Trev Ill try again towmorow, dont know what happened.
Ok Al, Trev.
Old 07-11-2010, 22:43   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Yeh Cashy's right! another "belt'in" night thank's to Tony & the boy's , vocal's "bang on " as before, I'm well impressed! Glad Fran managed to make it & my brother-in-law & Cashy made me smile as they were forced to get up to dance,good time had by all.
Hi Trev, Cashy, Angela and Keith. Thanks for all turnin' up last night, was really good to see you. When you see Fran again Trev, tell him thanks, as it's a bit of a trek from Ingle, pity he couldn't stay a bit longer. Popped into the Alma tonight to take some posters for 4th December and bumped in to Tommy Franks. Told him you were all there last night, he sends his regards to you all, and if you're readin' this Jim, you too!! Says it;s been a long time. He couldn' make it last night as he was singing down at Brooks Club. He's definitely comin' to the Alma on the 4th, so if you all want a repeat performance, he'd like to catch with you all. All the best Tony.
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 22:55   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hi Trev, Cashy, Angela and Keith. Thanks for all turnin' up last night, was really good to see you. When you see Fran again Trev, tell him thanks, as it's a bit of a trek from Ingle, pity he couldn't stay a bit longer. Popped into the Alma tonight to take some posters for 4th December and bumped in to Tommy Franks. Told him you were all there last night, he sends his regards to you all, and if you're readin' this Jim, you too!! Says it;s been a long time. He couldn' make it last night as he was singing down at Brooks Club. He's definitely comin' to the Alma on the 4th, so if you all want a repeat performance, he'd like to catch with you all. All the best Tony.
Thank's for that T, gonna ring Fran tomorrow -it's his birthday see what he has to say. Trev.
Old 08-11-2010, 00:47   #504

Hi Trev. Forgot to mention it last night, bui if ever you fancy having a look down the Stanley on a Monday for the jam night, let me know and I,ll meet up with ya. T
Old 08-11-2010, 17:07   #505

Quote:
Hi Trev. Forgot to mention it last night, bui if ever you fancy having a look down the Stanley on a Monday for the jam night, let me know and I,ll meet up with ya. T
Hiya T, thanks for that invite I'll keep it in mind. Trev.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28   #506

Wasn't a guy called Ray Ormerod in the original band. When they first started out?
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:00   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Hiya T, thanks for that invite I'll keep it in mind. Trev.
Hi Trev. My son Darren has seen a Les Paul he wants, so he is about to put his Telecaster on ebay. As you mentioned you were interested in one I thought I'd let you know. My phone number is 07908264188. Tony
Old 10-11-2010, 23:33   #508

I knew a Roy Ormerod who lived down Melbourne St in Clayton, He was into bike racing.
Old 11-11-2010, 00:55   #509

Quote:
Wow, Tommy Franks. The last time I saw Tommy I was 19 years old, we worked at Huncoat power station together. Nice to know he's still around, Cheers, Jim.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 23:21   #510
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Wow, Tommy Franks. The last time I saw Tommy I was 19 years old, we worked at Huncoat power station together. Nice to know he's still around, Cheers, Jim.
No need to worry on that score james, Tommys fine, apart from looking older aint changed a bit.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..