Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2012, 01:26   #586

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Its a pitty Roy Taylor, cant contribute some of his time in Tredwheels & Saw on, thier Original name. Roy was a character, real happy guy. Cahsy knows him. Maybe he can persuade him. He must have some photos as well.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2012, 01:32   #587

Jim Duckworth, Cyril. Can you elaborate, where did he work, did he play drums, what school did he go to. I rememeber talking to him one time but it was in a pub thats why I cant remember the conversation. but he seemed a nice bloke.
Old 24-03-2012, 11:40   #588
Junior Member+

Jim was an apprentice electrician in the 1960s. I'm sorry, I don't know who he worked for. Sadly, the last time I saw him was on the Northern news on T.V. He was talking about a colleague of his who had died in a plane crash.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 14:14   #589
Junior Member+

I forgot to mention he was a drummer.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 21:30   #590

Thanks Cyril. Maybe Jim Payne knew him ?.
Old 09-04-2012, 20:20   #591

Hi Trevor, Do you have any other photo's of my Uncle Derek Rimmington with the band? My Dad Jimmy is always telling me about the gigs you did and the equipment you used, in particular Vox amps.

Regards

Damian
rocker73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 20:29   #592

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
18th April 1964 "The Scorchers" loading-up the gear after playing "The Cavern", what a day to remember for ever!

Hi Trevor, Do you have any other photo's of the Scorchers with my uncle, Derek Rimmington in them? My dad Jimmy is always telling me about the gig's you did and the gear you used in particular Vox Amps.

Regards
Damian Rimmgton
rocker73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 20:48   #593

Hello Damian, I will have more photo's with Derek on, James could possible have more too as his mum collected them also. Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 21:25   #594

Old 11-04-2012, 22:55   #595

scorchers 1965
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetInline.jpg (46.6 KB, 62 views)
Old 12-04-2012, 13:04   #596
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
18th April 1964 "The Scorchers" loading-up the gear after playing "The Cavern", what a day to remember for ever!

I've looked and looked at these pictures and I'm 99% certain that the young lady in the middle pic, behind the drum, is me!

I did go on that trip to the Cavern and I remember playing the maraccas there! I also had a waistcoat like the person in the picture is wearing - brown suede with a cream lining.

I was 17 - just before A levels!

Anyone know who the tall guy at the back wearing a scarf is? He's the only one I vaguely recognise but I can't remember any names.
Old 12-04-2012, 13:09   #597
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think hes a member on here susie, in fact was on last night if i'm correct.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:55   #598
Junior Member+

Hi Susie
I am the tall one with the scarf, name - Ian Smith, rhythm guitar at the time and lived in Clayton. I live in Scotland now but keep in touch via the Accy web. Trevor Gardner was lead guitar, Dave Robinson on Bass, Jim Payne on Drums and Derek Rimmington on vocals.
Jim and I were at Accy Tech in Oswaldtwistle together at the time.

Ian
Ian F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:06   #599
Resting In Peace

Aha! the lad himself! I was there on that day though I didn't actually know any of the Scorchers, but I did vaguely recognise you on the pics, though your name doesn't ring any bells...

Still like to think it was me in that photo, have dug out another from the same era and it's not that dissimilar. And my clothes are right - trust a woman to notice that!!

Thanks for coming on and sharing that info anyway...

All the best

Sue
Old 13-04-2012, 08:28   #600
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Aha! the lad himself! I was there on that day though I didn't actually know any of the Scorchers, but I did vaguely recognise you on the pics, though your name doesn't ring any bells...

Still like to think it was me in that photo, have dug out another from the same era and it's not that dissimilar. And my clothes are right - trust a woman to notice that!!

Thanks for coming on and sharing that info anyway...

All the best

Sue
And there was I thinking it was only blokes who couldn't remember what they looked like when they were young susie

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..