Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2012, 22:44   #106
God Member

Re: the good old days THE BLOCKADE

Maybe Tealeaf is to busy counting the cash he made out of the 'Boris Olympics'
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2012, 21:30   #107
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I remember being in the Blockade a few years ago (at least 30), we were stood at the bar putting the world to rights when a well-known Accyweb member raised his clenched fist towards the sky and declared " I sleep under the hammer and sickle, my allegiance is with the Kremlin." Anyone like to guess who it was?
Now then, Yerself, this really will not do! You've left us dangling in the air for three months over this one! Are you, at long last, going to reveal the answer?
Old 05-11-2018, 17:29   #108
Senior Member+

Blockade was drug center of Accy back in the 70's!!!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 22:44   #109

Loved the blockade, but never went in the back room. Remember drinking Tequila Sunrise in there, never had them since.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 14:07   #110
Junior Member+

Hi all. I frequently used the blockade back in 1978_79. Was going out at the time with kevin mcburney. RIP. A Few others. Pete, kitty, london john.. sorry can't remember names. I never myself went in back room. Love to all.
Coralqueen555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:26   #111
Junior Member+

Hi. Does anyone have photos of people back then 1978-79. I mainly interested in Kevin McBurney RIP And peter Hartley RIP. He was a banjo player . Sarah.x
Old 16-07-2022, 19:08   #112
Junior Member+

Hi all. Someone mentioned a fight connected to banjo. Please message me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..