Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 13:12   #31
God Member

Re: Steak Canadian

Ann must have been his 2nd wife.
I worked with his 1st wife Hazel in the early&mid 60s - they had a son named Ivan (named after her brother who died in a tragic accident in a windmill during a school trip to Holland)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2014, 14:31   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Ann must have been his 2nd wife.
I worked with his 1st wife Hazel in the early&mid 60s - they had a son named Ivan (named after her brother who died in a tragic accident in a windmill during a school trip to Holland)
The Derek Ingham of Steak Canadian Fame was married to Ann and had 2 daughters. Tracy & Debbie whilst I knew him

Lived down Clayton (The Close) from about 1969 when Tracy was born until about early 2000's - Would have been about 25 when he moved to Clayton so could be same one.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 20:12   #33

Derek Ingham was the first in Accy to do them & they were real steak & were lovely
IRENE BAINBRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 20:14   #34

Not if you bought the original
Old 10-04-2016, 08:04   #35

The original Steak Canadienne was thin slices of steak,not the ground reconstituted muck that was made later,haven,t had one in years,we were only talking about them last week.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:24   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Whatever happened to them? The kebab of the 70's

Back home from the pub, open the freezer, peel a couple of square shaped processed gunk purporting to be meat from the layered paper and chuck them in the frying pan for a minute or so a side, slap them on a heavily buttered slice of bread, eat and fall asleep watching Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing attempting to kill each other with plastic fangs and balsa wood stakes.

P.S. next time Eric bangs on about how great Canada is..I'm gonna remind him of this particular brand of crud that Canada fair exported to us
The proper steak canadians were made by Derek Ingham & it was very thinly sliced steak much better than the other stuff.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..