Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2009, 17:24   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Does anyone remember in ossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Yes John wish Dr Farquar was still with us i had him all my life till he sadly passed away very sad moment that for ossy folk dont you think.
My middle name is Douglas which is after Dr F. Marian, I had Pneumonia when I was only 8 months old, and he was there four or five times a day until I pulled through, I've a lot to thank that chap for
Old 17-02-2009, 19:20   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
My middle name is Douglas which is after Dr F. Marian, I had Pneumonia when I was only 8 months old, and he was there four or five times a day until I pulled through, I've a lot to thank that chap for
He was brilliant if i ever meet you i will tell you a tale about him but i cant put it on here well i can tell you a few tales not maliciouse just how clever a doctor he was with me which will amaze you but some will give you a laugh he was a real star.
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 19:23   #78
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by south aussie View Post
Harry lived in Ash street,just down from my parents.
When he wasn,t in the NEW INN
My great grandparents Walter and Agnes Jones lived on Ash Street for about forty years.

My mum, grandma and aunt lived with them as well, from about 1949-58.

She was Yvonne Owen then.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 20:14   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
He was brilliant if i ever meet you i will tell you a tale about him but i cant put it on here well i can tell you a few tales not maliciouse just how clever a doctor he was with me which will amaze you but some will give you a laugh he was a real star.
Marian......you are busting a gut to tell us.....go for it?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 21:09   #80

have enjoyed reading all posts on this one. no mention yet of wilkingson's butcher's corner of shed street or dr. pittard opp corner. agnes & jimmy's pie shop just lower down. i was born opp bay horse 233 union road july 1944.
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 23:34   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortype View Post
have enjoyed reading all posts on this one. no mention yet of wilkingson's butcher's corner of shed street or dr. pittard opp corner. agnes & jimmy's pie shop just lower down. i was born opp bay horse 233 union road july 1944.
me owd mate n gaffer lived on that row until he sadly died nortype. B.S.
Old 18-02-2009, 10:09   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
My great grandparents Walter and Agnes Jones lived on Ash Street for about forty years.

My mum, grandma and aunt lived with them as well, from about 1949-58.

She was Yvonne Owen then.
If your mum was Yvonne Owen , you must be related to the Cowell family who lived in Kay street and then White Ash Lane
Lillian,Harrold,Harry John Ann & Sandra
I remember Mr,s Jones,as not having any teeth ,but she was quite capable of eating a Granny Smiths,no trouble
Was your aunt Rosalind Stot?
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 14:09   #83
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by south aussie View Post
If your mum was Yvonne Owen , you must be related to the Cowell family who lived in Kay street and then White Ash Lane
Lillian,Harrold,Harry John Ann & Sandra
I remember Mr,s Jones,as not having any teeth ,but she was quite capable of eating a Granny Smiths,no trouble
Was your aunt Rosalind Stot?
Yes my mum was Yvonne owen, sister of Rosalind, and daughter of Lillian, one of the seven Jones girls. My grandma was actually christened Lily, but thought it wasn't glamorous enough, hence Lillian.

My grandma's sister Mabel married Harry Cowell, who had the children you listed.

As well as eating Granny Smiths apples, my great grandma Jones could also crack nuts with her gums!

It's a small world. PM me your real name, as I'm sure my mum will remember you. I've heard so much about those times, because she has a very good memory, I almost feel as if I was in the Ash Street Gang myself.

Old 18-02-2009, 15:51   #84
Senior Member+

Garinda, your right about the small world bit. I know your mum well and if your grans sister lived at 42 Whiteash Lane I bought the house off them back around 1970. My wife,s grandparents lived on Ash St also way back when.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 15:59   #85
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Garinda, your right about the small world bit. I know your mum well and if your grans sister lived at 42 Whiteash Lane I bought the house off them back around 1970. My wife,s grandparents lived on Ash St also way back when.
I just about remember them living on Whiteash Lane, in the house you bought. They then moved to a farm at Hapton, which is now a restaurant, and whose name escapes me.

As you'll probably remember my aunt Ros lived at number 18. She sadly died four years ago this September.

Last edited by garinda; 18-02-2009 at 16:01.
Old 18-02-2009, 16:01   #86
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I just about remember them living on Whiteash Lane, in the house you bought. They then moved to a farm at Hapton, which is now a reataurant, and whose name escapes me.
Just remembered, Bentley Wood Farm.

Old 18-02-2009, 16:04   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Accy Web's Sparkologist lived on Whiteash Lane in the seventies, not too far from you.

Like you say, small world.

Old 18-02-2009, 17:16   #88
Senior Member+

Yes I remember your aunt Ros, very sad. We all went up the Emp in the 60s. Tell your mum I,ll be in for some custards, probably around September!!
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 18:20   #89
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes I remember your aunt Ros, very sad. We all went up the Emp in the 60s. Tell your mum I,ll be in for some custards, probably around September!!
Lol, I'll tell her.

Pm me your real name, then I can tell her, and they'll know what name to write on the bag.

Old 18-02-2009, 18:55   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Marian......you are busting a gut to tell us.....go for it?
No cant put it on here i will get banned not nice to talk about the dead for all the world to see and you know what you call me .
Well Ditto.
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..