Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2009, 13:14   #16
God Member

Re: union road

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
for all we know the car could have been there to protect a victim from been forced into retracting their accusation or been intimidated

i must stick my head out teh door and ask my neighbours if they know whats going on more often lol
Those were my thoughts about witness protection, we are all commenting on mere heresay I know. But I still doubt very much that the police would be there without very good reason.
Old 25-11-2009, 13:15   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
From what I heard last night it was fairly pointless.

If you wanted to speak with someone who might not want to speak with you would you wait for days at the front door in a Police car?
Maybe they are concerned about his/her safety?
Old 25-11-2009, 14:44   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Isn't this the type of situation that used to be reported in the local press?
when we had a local press!
Old 26-11-2009, 19:21   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
From what I understand about that incident - a group of young white lads had been goading the Asian owners of the garage for weeks, they'd been hanging around outside and causing bother and then started texting him one Sunday night telling him that they were going to sort him out. The Asian called their bluff and said 'all right then, you want a fight let's have one'. From what I saw (white lads running up our road with baseball bats and iron bars), the white lads were ready for it as well. Turns out that the white lads were outnumbered and got a hiding. There's been a lot less bother around here since then.

I haven't got a huge amount of sympathy for the white lads because, from what I understand, they were also the same ones who were caught on CCTV smashing the windows of the community centre.
more rumours circulating that it was the asians from the garage that have something to do with the said rape, the garage has been closed for a few days now, still nothing confirmed so still rumour at the minute.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 19:52   #20
Junior Member+

There was no rape the garage was burgled and all the tyres and machines were taken. the garage was close because the owner broke his foot
Kamiiboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 21:38   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiiboii View Post
There was no rape the garage was burgled and all the tyres and machines were taken. the garage was close because the owner broke his foot
So that's an end to the speculation.

Albeit over a year after the incident.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..