Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2016, 20:39   #1
Junior Member+

Corner shop 55 roegreave road

Hi all was talking to some the other day who said there used to be a corner shop at 55roegreve road ossy a good few years back any one know anything at all about it it had big windows apparently and was on the corner as you would expect from a corner shop haha
Atb
nsledden is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2016, 13:57   #2

Re: Corner shop 55 roegreave road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsledden View Post
Hi all was talking to some the other day who said there used to be a corner shop at 55roegreve road ossy a good few years back any one know anything at all about it it had big windows apparently and was on the corner as you would expect from a corner shop haha
Atb
No 55 isn't a corner house (& I don't think the numbers will have changed). I don't remember a shop at that location - from 1950s onward.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 14:48   #3
Junior Member+

Sorry number 50
Old 11-12-2016, 14:50   #4
Junior Member+

Yes my mistake it was 50 roegreave road owned by my grandmother it had been in the family a while until sold , lady was called maureen davenport nae hamer
Atb
Old 12-12-2016, 02:03   #5
Senior Member+

Wife remembers Maureen and Brian Davenport living there around 1980 onwards. Will ask the sister in law who lives on Roe Greave next time we phone.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:36   #6
Junior Member+

I would be very interest to hear from you , one thing i forgot to mention is that maureen and brian where my grandparents and i remember as a kid the front was always referred to as "the shop " but during my childhood it was more of a storage room

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..