Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 21:35   #1
God Member

A few piccies from ossy!

http://oomz.net/mf/viewtopic.php?pid=40316#p40316

a few pictures taken today on some old manual focus soviet lens on a Digital 400D DSLR.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2007, 21:44   #2
God Member

Re: A few piccies from ossy!

i love reading old grave stones, they dont seem to have as much setiment on them nowadays as they used to, good pics Ian
Old 04-02-2007, 22:04   #3
God Member

thanks, I love it too...

Only had 30 mins as it was whilst waiting for the pub to open for lunch.(don't ask!!!)

I'd love to have a couple of hours to play in that graveyard. Loits of good photo ops.

Old 04-02-2007, 22:10   #4
God Member

My dads up there its a beautiful church/graveyard and i love reading headstones when im in there , also used to work at white bull some years back ..great pics ian ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 22:14   #5
Senior Member+

very god clear pics entwisi,where in church is the graveyard? i cant remember seeing one,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 22:19   #6
Resting in Peace

Just what I needed after reading the Scarey Movies thread Entwisi .. can't think of a better way to spend Sunday lunch time than taking piccies of gravestones ....

Last edited by katex; 04-02-2007 at 22:22.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 22:21   #7
God Member

Good pics, like reading headstones myself, very interesting but quite sad too.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 22:34   #8
God Member

was that church kirk?
Old 04-02-2007, 22:44   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
was that church kirk?
He's off-line Flashy, would be Immanuel methinks up Ossy.
Old 04-02-2007, 22:49   #10
Resident Waffler

Very clear crisp piccies. My main problem is wobbly hand syndrome. Did you have a tripod or just rely on not being shaky?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 22:58   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Very clear crisp piccies. My main problem is wobbly hand syndrome. Did you have a tripod or just rely on not being shaky?

Well, he was waiting for the pub to open so guess his hands were quite steady still....
Old 05-02-2007, 06:12   #12
I am Banned

nice quality pics but saving gravestones for when i need one , however i did read the coments below by the forum members or ewhatever

what a set of sad saps , jesus get broadband you sods , i wouldnt mind but broadband is cheaper than 56k now
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:09   #13
God Member

Yes, the pictures are from Immanuel in Ossy, Top of New Lane( One of the pictures shows this on a sign actually )

All hand held Willow, I do seem to be reasonable at holding quite still. Theres a rule of thumb that IIRC you can hand hold down to 1/2xFocal length but I seem to be able to hold down to 1/30 for anything up to my 85mm, 1/60 for up to my 135mm and above that it depends on the day, how windy etc

Old 05-02-2007, 08:24   #14

Number 5 and 12 are my favourites and I like the Website, I am a point and shoot guy, so I won't be much good at explaining how I composed my shots, but if it's not to snobby I'll post a few, I am open to critisisum as long has it is constructive
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:30   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Yes, the pictures are from Immanuel in Ossy, Top of New Lane( One of the pictures shows this on a sign actually )

All hand held Willow, I do seem to be reasonable at holding quite still. Theres a rule of thumb that IIRC you can hand hold down to 1/2xFocal length but I seem to be able to hold down to 1/30 for anything up to my 85mm, 1/60 for up to my 135mm and above that it depends on the day, how windy etc
Rule of thumb counts for nothing with me. Sometimes I can be steady as a rock and sometimes I'm wobbly as blazes and the stiller I try to be the wobblier I become even if there isn't a puff of wind. It's so frustrating. If I don't have a tripod with me I look for a nice handy solid surface which helps.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..