Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 07:07   #16
mez
God Member

Re: Have you got one ?

i just use my grill, i can contol the food that way .
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2006, 11:51   #17
God Member

I have the Baby one for myself and because I use it often I have got cooking with it down too an artform. Like anything else the more you do the better you get.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 15:17   #18
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Awwww, I'm feeling left out.. I don't have one. On the rare occasions that I actually cook anything, it gets grilled. I don't posess a chip pan, I do have a frying pan but don't remember where I have put it and I use the inside of my cooker for storage. I am a hopeless case in the culinary dept.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 15:54   #19
Senior Member+

we got one but the novelty wore off quite quickly! just as easy to do it under the grill and the same amount of fat drips into the grill pan and its the getting it down off the top shelf, and they seem to cook alot slower than the conventional grill and you have less control over the heat, i have told you ya can borrow mine if ya want!!
Old 01-08-2006, 23:51   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

come to the conclusion that those who say it dries the meat up are CRAP cooks, at least katex admits it, machines do not dry meat up- people do,as they do under the oven grill also.anyone can destroy food me late mam was a classic example. i am also the worlds worst cook, but have never had dry meat from a george foreman grill saying that i dont use it the boss does. so i think they are worth a punt mick, unless annes a crap cook.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:01   #21
God Member

Another useless piece of junk , mine is rat-holed away with the Bread making machine, Pasta maker, Pasta drying rack, fruit juicer, Ice cream machine , Esspresso coffee maker, SLR Camera and the accessory kit which came with the vacum cleaner.

All of the above have name brand labels and even the local Salvation Army/Goodwill charity shops in San Francisco refuse them, say they are overloaded with the stuff
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:24   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack
Another useless piece of junk , mine is rat-holed away with the Bread making machine, Pasta maker, Pasta drying rack, fruit juicer, Ice cream machine , Esspresso coffee maker, SLR Camera and the accessory kit which came with the vacum cleaner.

All of the above have name brand labels and even the local Salvation Army/Goodwill charity shops in San Francisco refuse them, say they are overloaded with the stuff
reading between the lines i would say you dont like em steeljack?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:03   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
reading between the lines i would say you dont like em steeljack?
Reading between the lines, steeljack is easily led into buying the latest fad!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:11   #24
white rabbits

I got one because i cooked crap steaks,you could sole and heal your shoes with them,,,,I STILL COOKED CRAP STEAKS with the forman grill.........
Old 02-08-2006, 20:56   #25
God Member

Thinking about it I agree with cashman, infact I'd say they do the opposite, They keep it more moist.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 21:05   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
I got one because i cooked crap steaks,you could sole and heal your shoes with them,,,,I STILL COOKED CRAP STEAKS with the forman grill.........
Tee hee... actually, about the only decent thing I can cook UNDER A GRILL.. trick is not to overcook, the longer you cook, the tougher it goes,as long as you leave a little bit of the red ooozing out. Close yer eyes, masticate .. feel it running over your teeth.. heaven.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:57   #27
God Member

ewwwwww thats disgusting.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 22:05   #28
God Member

Nah, as far as steak goes, wipe its arse, show it the grill and slap it on my plate thanks!

Seriously, I'm happy to eat it raw if necessary. Blue for a good steak, rare if its rump or sirloin

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 22:29   #29
Junior Member+

I have had one for years, but it is now in a cupborad, never use it anymore. Better to start the BBQ, much better tasting food.
Tybow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 22:30   #30
Junior Member+

Sorry, didn't check before I posted, should have said "in the cupboard"
Tybow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..