Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2009, 14:18   #1966

Re: weather??

Sorry Jaysay, did not mean to be so cruel, today is not very nice. Temp a mere 82F/26C sunny but very windy. Long trousers and long sleeve top. Otherwise not too bad.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2009, 14:41   #1967
God Member

Vera - are you planning to come home when the temps there get unbearably high in the summer?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 14:44   #1968

Margaret, the answer to your question is a definate NO. I will struggle to crawl down to the pool to cool off and to sit at the pool bar and have an ice cold drink.
Old 30-12-2009, 16:03   #1969
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
Margaret, the answer to your question is a definate NO. I will struggle to crawl down to the pool to cool off and to sit at the pool bar and have an ice cold drink.
Your at it again vera
Old 30-12-2009, 16:07   #1970

Sorry jaysay, but i was always taught, it is impolite not to answer a question when put to me. I apologise again.
Old 31-12-2009, 01:41   #1971
Senior Member+

Just got back from the Yukon, I,d forgotten how cold -30c is especially when it,s windy. My first breath when I left the airport, froze the hair in my nose!! It did warm up to -8 for Christmas day and a good time was had by all BRRRRRR. Got back home today and it dumped 4ins of snow on us, no golf this week.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2009, 09:19   #1972
God Member

its snowing over here
Old 31-12-2009, 09:55   #1973

No snow here in Accy. Best not blimming snow, have just given myself a spray tan and want to wear sandles tonight haha

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2009, 11:13   #1974
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Hey, Cashy , where abouts in Costa del sol you going? I live near Almeria, well about 1/2 hour away.
me owd home vera,Benalmadena.
Old 31-12-2009, 12:28   #1975

Don't wish to sound too thick, but how far is that from here? Heard of it but not sure where it is.
Old 31-12-2009, 13:27   #1976
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Don't wish to sound too thick, but how far is that from here? Heard of it but not sure where it is.
about 25mins other side of malaga to you vera.
Old 31-12-2009, 15:13   #1977
God Member

Being a nosy beggar I looked on google earth.
...a long walk to have a paddle isn't it?
...still, that means fewer sightings of union jack shorts, which is good.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2009, 16:33   #1978
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Being a nosy beggar I looked on google earth.
I was curious too Margaret .. googled Almeria, and it came up with this picture, which is your shack Vera ?....

Almeria.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:44   #1979

Do not live at Almeria, it the "county" live near to Turre or Los Gallardos. have tried to Google but cannot find the site. Will see if i can find a picture of my "shack" and show you.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:48   #1980
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Do not live at Almeria, it the "county" live near to Turre or Los Gallardos. have tried to Google but cannot find the site. Will see if i can find a picture of my "shack" and show you.
Hi vera thought Almeria rang a bell, my better halfs son lives near Almeria, outside San Jose, he's lived there for about 5 years works for himself on building work, his place is about 4 miles from the coast, it started me thinking when I saw kate's pic have seen that before

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..