Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2011, 10:09   #2341
Resting in Peace

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Beautiful weather here today - blue skies and sunny. Am in Bologna to meet up with an old friend -actually ate out "al fresco" this evening!!! Ok so they had those patio burners and gave out rugs to put round your knees (all i needed was a bath-chair and i could have been in an Agatha Christie plot...)

Spent much of the time drooling -not for the food but for the lovely Alberto Tomba -drop dead gorgeous- who was at the next table OMG!!!!!!

Cold though as you can see from Neptunes attributes in the photo

Impressive trident though
Did he ski off into the sunset mobertol
Old 18-11-2011, 13:36   #2342
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Did he ski off into the sunset mobertol
Unfortunately....Yes!

Lovely again today -been round the Botanical Gardens this morning and just had a fab lunch -fresh fish in a great Trattoria -can't fault Bologna, except that I've been eating too much, have sore feet from all the walking and am losing my voice (again) through talking and laughing like a hysterical teenager with my Friend Charlotte.

Oh, to be 18 again...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 15:53   #2343
God Member

Got home yesterday and have been immersed in the gloom of constant fog -at risk of falling into severe depression...it's freezing cold too!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-11-2011, 17:41   #2344
Senior Member+

First covering of the white stuff here, it,s a bit early, no footy today. Hope it,s not a sign of a bad winter ahead. The mountains look great though.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 17:54   #2345
God Member

How lovely -we have had snow on the Alps for a bit -love that first snow though -magical every time!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-11-2011, 17:58   #2346
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
How lovely -we have had snow on the Alps for a bit -love that first snow though -magical every time!
We can top that here in Accy.....there was a bit of mist over the coppice this aft!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 19:57   #2347
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
We can top that here in Accy.....there was a bit of mist over the coppice this aft!
Almost as poetic as "Mist over Pendle" Steve!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 21-11-2011, 14:22   #2348
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
First covering of the white stuff here, it,s a bit early, no footy today. Hope it,s not a sign of a bad winter ahead. The mountains look great though.
No snow yet down east ... but its around -5 (-10 with the wind chiill) ... so, winter is def. on its way .... just caught news of the temps out west yesterday ... Edmonton -36 And even colder in Dawson. Time for the long johns
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:10   #2349
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No snow yet down east ... but its around -5 (-10 with the wind chiill) ... so, winter is def. on its way .... just caught news of the temps out west yesterday ... Edmonton -36 And even colder in Dawson. Time for the long johns
Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:32   #2350
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate...
I do - and rarely emerge in summer.
I sleep more than most folk but not the 23 hours the folk in this article do
Human hibernation | BMJ

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:35   #2351
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate...
My thoughts precisely...and if I could I would.
I do not like winter....it isn't the cold and the damp(though I am not fond of those)...it is the lack of natural light.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:42   #2352
God Member

Love winter myself -you can always wrap up against the cold. Frosty mornings, blue skies, crisp sounding footsteps in snow -wonderful....bring it on.

Vin bruleč, Hot Chocolate, lighted fires....Xmas!

Going to get our snow-tyres fitted on the car tomorrow- can't wait for it to snow and the world to be muffled and perfect for a while...!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 21-11-2011, 15:48   #2353
God Member

My favourite home delivery supermarket has advised me that snow tyres have been fitted to their fleet.

I'ts reassuring to know I won't starve

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:57   #2354
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
My favourite home delivery supermarket has advised me that snow tyres have been fitted to their fleet.

I'ts reassuring to know I won't starve
What about gathering winter fuel when the snow is deep and crisp and even?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 21-11-2011, 16:15   #2355

The rain has been falling for 3 days now, except for a few hours break. Looks like winter has arrived early this year. Roll on March when the sun gets his hat on again.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..