Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2007, 14:21   #46
God Member

Re: school uniform.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Have u seen the price of it tho approx £120 as it said on tv news

When is it going to stop
It is never ending and it says a lot about the society that we live in that parents have to contemplate such measures
Old 14-08-2007, 14:48   #47
God Member

It would be cheaper to bring back the use of liberty bodices and line them with that stuff. In the wintertime in the 40s they were basic childrens wear
Image - V&A Museum of Childhood

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 20:18   #48

thought idea of uniforms was to stop fashion parade now schools are asking more of parents makes logos ect ..same colur any make or no uniforms at all
Old 15-08-2007, 08:43   #49
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

at rhyddings they wear high heels and glitter belts, like i said before its chav central!!
Old 15-08-2007, 14:57   #50
I am Banned

Saga bit no 2, my girls have just gone down to Abbey st to change one set of shirts for a bigger size, daughter rings [as i told her to if she had probs exchanging it] the next size up they want another £2 on top, like hell yeh, so asks daughter to tell shop keeper for either a credit note, refund or other shirts that fit to that amount i have paid, so rings daughter back as shes leaving shop result, no £2 extra no shirt, so says i'll ring the shop, just as i get the phone no dialled, mobile goes off, my other girl says no worries we got the shirt next size up for that price already paid. Whay-de-go good girl power LOL im proud as punch

Blumming shirts are those fitted ones so obiviously smaller than standard because of the trutex thing style to charge more for next size which my daughter isnt big was a cheek
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 15:04   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It would be cheaper to bring back the use of liberty bodices and line them with that stuff. In the wintertime in the 40s they were basic childrens wear
Image - V&A Museum of Childhood
I used to hide my liberty bodice, they were well embarassing
Old 15-08-2007, 15:20   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I used to hide my liberty bodice, they were well embarassing
Pity those poor Paddock House girls who had rubber suspenders attached to theirs to keep up those orangy brown thick stockings

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 15:28   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Pity those poor Paddock House girls who had rubber suspenders attached to theirs to keep up those orangy brown thick stockings
God that uniform was the pits. When I passed my eleven plus mum couldn't afford the uniform(Thahk God) so I went to Notre Dame, the uniform there was bad enough but nowhere as bad as Paddock's.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..