Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 23:25   #1
Senior Member+

what time is the last bus from manchester to accrington/clayton ?

does anyone know ?
my sis and neice are coming down for a couple of days as they have tickets for the wwf (wrestling) tomorrow night and tuesday night at the MEN arena..but I need to know what time the last bus from the MEN arena/strangeways is..the thing finishes at 10.30 or so....
all help would be appreciated as I would like have times etc ready for them..so they dont get stranded..as they have never been to manchester before on the bus from clayton..

thanks
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2008, 23:28   #2
God Member

Re: what time is the last bus from manchester to accrington/clayton ?

if they are going to the MEN isnt it best if they get a train from Blackburn? it takes them straight to Victoria station, which is underneath the MEN, but then again the buses dont run very late for on the way back
Old 09-11-2008, 23:35   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
if they are going to the MEN isnt it best if they get a train from Blackburn? it takes them straight to Victoria station, which is underneath the MEN, but then again the buses dont run very late for on the way back
no cos I live in clayton and one of the those buses stop across from my street which makes it easier to get to it...just need to know the best way to get back..
is there a train to accrington from victoria ?
Old 09-11-2008, 23:56   #4
God Member

no i think you have to change in blackburn and watch out which days the engineering works are on just got back up here and had to catch a bus the railway people put on to preston..thought you would have remembered when the rangers were there
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 23:57   #5
God Member

My sister has a time-table but she will be in bed now. Can find out tomorrow if that is any help.
Old 10-11-2008, 00:02   #6
Resting in Peace

The x43/x44 are the most successful routes to Manchester from Clayton, but if you can sort through this lot . yer a good 'un .. seems last bus is from Chorlton Street @ 22.55 (in which LOL witch way.perfect) .. maybe reading it incorrectly though.

The Witch Way - Routes X43/X44 - Linking Pennine Lancashire with Manchester
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:00   #7
God Member

i hope she can find Chorlton street from the MEN, doesnt the bus stop at Shudehill interchange? thats right near to the MEN
Old 10-11-2008, 08:33   #8

Hi, the last bus Mon and Tue night from Manchester to Accrington is the X41 leaving at 21:15. The last trains leave Manchester Victoria (under MEN) at 21:58 to Blackburn then change at Blackburn for Accrington arriving back at 23:14 in Accrington. There is a later train at 23:08 from Manchester Victoria to Blackburn arriving at 23:58. You will need to get a lift home from Blackburn station though or a taxi as there are no trains this late from Blackburn to Accrington. Hope this helps!!

bus website:http://www.thelancashireway.co.uk

train website: http://www.northernrail.org

Last edited by carlsbergaddict; 10-11-2008 at 08:37. Reason: adding website links
carlsbergaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:04   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
no i think you have to change in blackburn and watch out which days the engineering works are on just got back up here and had to catch a bus the railway people put on to preston..thought you would have remembered when the rangers were there
no cause the police kindly shut the train station that night - and left several hundred fans to fend for themselves, we ended up getting a bus..
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22   #10
Resting in Peace

you can check train times and engineering work on here

National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:33   #11
Senior Member+

Whatever you do DONT get the X43/X44 this is the Manchester - Burnley bus stopping at Rawtenstall, it doesnt go anywhere near Accy. The closest to the MEN is the X41 on Deansgate (outside Weatherspoons) the last bus is at 21.21 during the week (they are later at weekends) but I agree with everyone else the best way to get home is the train as the station is literally underneath the MEN.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:38   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Whatever you do DONT get the X43/X44 this is the Manchester - Burnley bus stopping at Rawtenstall, it doesnt go anywhere near Accy. The closest to the MEN is the X41 on Deansgate (outside Weatherspoons) the last bus is at 21.21 during the week (they are later at weekends) but I agree with everyone else the best way to get home is the train as the station is literally underneath the MEN.
thanks for that but I was aware the 43/44 goes to burnely and not accy, and this is the bus they are going to get home..just after 11pm from strangeways..and we are picking them up from burnley bus station..

thanks to everyone who helped me out on this..genuine thanks..
Old 10-11-2008, 10:42   #13
God Member

if your picking them up from Burnley then why not pick them up in Blackburn instead? saves them wandering all the way to Strangeways
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:21   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
if your picking them up from Burnley then why not pick them up in Blackburn instead? saves them wandering all the way to Strangeways
walking from the MEN to strangeways isnt that far at all...10 mins max? and they will be getting off at strangeways going there so they will know how far it is..
and collecting them from burnley bus station is closer and quicker for us than going through blackburn to the train station.
Old 10-11-2008, 15:48   #15
God Member

you dont need to go through Blackburn to get to the train station GG, come from Clayton through Rishton, round the roundabout, up Burnley road, up over Audley and to get to the train station car park you turn right at Pizza Hut and go towards the cinema

was just thinking that its going to be very late to be walking the streets thats all

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..