Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 18:46   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Fitting an outside tap.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
They have some in Wilkinsons, but watch it, I noticed some of one type, the sealing washers had fallen out, try using one without the washer, and you will have a new shower installed.

Retlaw.
If all else fails,buy a flaming watering can.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2009, 19:31   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Yours would just be 'not to current standards' Neil, and I'm fairly confident you know what that means
But does it have to be to current standards? That is why I asked if it was a retrospective regulation. My back boiler does not meet current standards for efficiency but I don't have to change it.
Old 09-04-2009, 21:30   #33
God Member

No you dont have to change it, unless you change the tap, or the pipework, same with the back boiler, you can repair it, but cant replace it unless you meet the strict criteria for not having a condensing boiler, you can still buy a back boiler unit though!!
Old 09-04-2009, 21:59   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Out of interest what is the criteria for not having one of those expensive condensing things that they lie about the efficiency of?
Old 09-04-2009, 22:05   #35
God Member

They dont lie about the efficiency, I have a gas analiser, and can prove that some of these are up to 98% efficient in the winter.. sedbuk is a seasonal efficiency, not a constant... The criteria, in short, is that the savings made would be far less than the costs of installation, or if a condensing flue or drain cannot possibly be installed, this has to be applied for with the council, and very few are successful, if you live 20 storeys up, with no outside wall, you might just get away with it!
Old 09-04-2009, 22:16   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I might buy myself a spare one then BAXI BERMUDA)
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I might buy myself a spare one then BAXI BERMUDA)
Dont buy the one in the link though, it is one of the older ones (401), there wont be many parts available for that, but plenty for the 502, 57/4 and the likes.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Dont buy the one in the link though, it is one of the older ones (401), there wont be many parts available for that, but plenty for the 502, 57/4 and the likes.
LOL, I was surprised how many parts were for sale for them on ebay.

Anyway it depends who you know that work at Baxi, and I know quite a few
Old 10-04-2009, 08:08   #39
God Member

Well, as this thread has wandered off the edge of the planet, might as well carry on (sorry Emzy), I dont know anyone at Baxi, Valor, Potterton, Main, or whoever actually owns it now, I do know that people who work there, dont used thier products, especially if they have to pay! , used to be a lot of free stuff about, but I think somebody remembered to close the back door!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..