Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 21:24   #1

Accrington Market Car Boot

I saw this advertised in the Telegraph tonight.

I'm looking to do a car boot, mainly to sell alot of my Mums stuff from her house, and also things that my sister and I have no use for anymore.

Is this car boot mainly for new goods, or is it a carboot? How much does it cost for a pitch? I'm looking at this venue as it is under cover, but I don't want to go with "second hand goods" and then find out that other people are selling brand new goods

I'm hoping to go and have a look at this weeks on Sunday.

Can anybody tell me where it is please? I thought it might be in the centre of Accy, but the web address says ossie mills so it's confused me a little bit.

Any advice apreciated
Old 10-04-2009, 21:40   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Market Car Boot

There is a car boot type thing on at the market, I think it is Thursday and Sunday. There is both new and second hand stuff sold on there. No idea as to cost but am sure if you ask on Sunday one of the stall holders will tell you.
Old 10-04-2009, 21:43   #3

Thank you. Am I going into Accy centre to find the market then? Sorry, I don't know where the market is in Accy
Old 10-04-2009, 22:19   #4
God Member

Both Thursdays and Sundays are mixed markets, old and new. The cost is currently about £11.50 per stall each day, and goes up to £12 after the 21st April.
Old 10-04-2009, 22:19   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yep dead in centre if yer on a bus the bus stations there. if car loads places to park free nearby.
Old 10-04-2009, 22:24   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if car loads places to park free nearby.

Beware though, if it's being advertised as a car boot sale, the one thing you can't do is leave your car in the market loading area
Old 10-04-2009, 22:33   #7

Ok, I think I am going to go and have to have nosey on sunday then
Old 10-04-2009, 23:15   #8
God Member

its dead you would have better luck at the clitheroe carboot , you would have to ring clitheroe cattlemarket for details and what days they are holding teh car boot sales

a much bigger and better venue , if you have plenty of stuff to shift i would say go clitheroe market

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:24   #9

Thanks for that Accyman. I have loads to shift...........mainly from my mums house. I'll have a nosey at Clitheroe, but I think they do one at Blackburn College on Bank Holidays as well, so I'll have a nosey at that too, and aim for the May Bank Holiday
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30   #10
God Member

Gayle, Blackburn market are now doing a car boot on market days so i believe....have a wander down there and ask how much they are charging
Old 11-04-2009, 11:06   #11

Yes, think they are on a Sunday Flashy, will check that one out too
Old 11-04-2009, 13:47   #12
God Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO they have them on market days too now, it started last week....ON the market, not the one on the car park
Old 11-04-2009, 16:54   #13

There is also the Rossendale car boot Just off the Bypass & the one at the Rhythm station Rawtenstall (Newhall hey road) on Sunday.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 19:01   #14
God Member

There must be hundreds of other car boot sales around the country where we could get people not to go to Accrington

PS It was quite busy in Accrington last Sunday and it didn't smell of cow dung
Old 11-04-2009, 20:25   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
There must be hundreds of other car boot sales around the country where we could get people not to go to Accrington

PS It was quite busy in Accrington last Sunday and it didn't smell of cow dung
The cow dung market as you call it shoot thieves on sight.
Seriously if you want to promote Accy Market, either PM the lady with usefull info or put it on here.
Stall sizes, availabilty, cost on the day, how to go about getting a stall would be a start.

I know that you would have done your homework, you started a business but from what I can gather from friends and former traders all Markets in the UK need all the help they can get?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..