Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 17:54   #31
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: What is the best taxi service within the Accrington area?

I usually use, Max cabs, but they can be unreliable, and LAZY!!
But its cheaper than the bus if there is a few off ya, but i suppose ya get what ya pay for :/
Old 15-08-2011, 19:22   #32
Bee
I am Banned

Haha. I use MAX Taxis.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 21:55   #33

Take your pick. I think they're more taxi's than people.......
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 22:00   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Last resort fer me, normally use "Shanks Pony", was offered a free un sat night, from Arden - Railway, declined yeh can't smoke in a cab.
Old 15-08-2011, 22:14   #35
God Member

Anyone not carrying shopping or luggage and getting a taxi - or even a bus , and without good health reasons, - for less than a two mile journey should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Unfortunatly, there's far too much of it about; every other car on the roads round Accy appears to be the ubiquitous Max or one of it's dubious competitors. So walk - get rid of the fat. It's a simple fact, that despite pleading relative poverty, Hyndburn now has one of the highest obesity rates in the entire country.

Sod the taxis - get out, get those legs moving and burn off the calories and get healthy so then you won't have to whinge next time you have to queue for 4 hours at BRH.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 15-08-2011 at 22:21.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 08:26   #36
God Member

He absent mindedly put BRH, i reckon he meant RBH.......think his obese head got to him
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 21:30   #37
God Member

If I use them at all its usually Arrow, it's worth noting that on a recent visit to Ramsbottom my son rang them for a return trip early morning, they went for him, and called again later in the day to give him a fiver that he had been overcharged, he had no idea what he had paid, the driver must have known he was drunk as a mop, but they returned the overcharge anyway, I thought that was pretty good.
Old 16-08-2011, 21:51   #38

I always use Arrow - they're very reliable.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 07:27   #39
God Member

Still Max when in Accy, my sis lives at the top of Willows Lane, if i'm taking my nephew and niece home with Reece on the bus from accy it would cost £2.50 up, it only costs £1.50 in a Max taxi
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 19:23   #40
Junior Member+

i always use max, and dont have a problem with them, like some other firms, one taxi driver from another firm even slammed the boot on my head one day!! max are the cheapest and most reliable ive found, and they do answer the phone really quick and are polite
stxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 21:29   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I never use anything but Hyndburn Cars all metered Cabs reliable and never let you down Tel 237151
I have used them twice today and enjoyed the experience immensely.

After explaining why I needed the window down(air freshener), the conversation outward bound was a comparison of views between us two conspiracy theorists - we agreed on quite a lot.

On the return trip I got an ex buddhist monk who threw the smelly thing out the window, then we discussed meditation methods.

If I knew that there were more enlightened people like them about I would def go out more

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 08:35   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have used them twice today and enjoyed the experience immensely.

After explaining why I needed the window down(air freshener), the conversation outward bound was a comparison of views between us two conspiracy theorists - we agreed on quite a lot.

On the return trip I got an ex buddhist monk who threw the smelly thing out the window, then we discussed meditation methods.

If I knew that there were more enlightened people like them about I would def go out more
See Margaret seems I gave you good info them
Old 08-09-2011, 04:32   #43

I use max mixed bunch of drivers but i dont hire them for thier wit and charming conversations haha
Posted via Mobile Device
ianakabigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 08:04   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
See Margaret seems I gave you good info them
I remember you from your photo, from around 1994 when I taxi-ed for Hyndburn Cars.
I drove a grey ford sierra GLX. I moved back to my hometown & now I am driving for an award winning taxi company in Belfast.
I never forgot Hyndburn Cars for setting me off on the right foot..
I still have my magnetic door shields, (do they still use them?)

Keep her lit
Dee
XHBurnCabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 09:33   #45
Senior Member+

When I come to the Crown Ground by train, I have to get a taxi after the game to enable me to catch my train back to Bristol. Max let me down twice. I have no hesitation in recommending Hyndburn Taxis. Polite - and superb service.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..