Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 14:54   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Womens Boots

Plenty on line ... but is a pain if they don't fit .. like these for instance:

Snow Boots | Mirror Reader Offers

Did get a great pair from Next about 18 months ago .. fur lined and waterproof with good grips, only £20 ... but, dang, don't seem to have them now ... sorry.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2011, 14:58   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Like I said have you tried ASDA?

Heth is right ... some of the Supermarket's footwear is extremely good value.

Try New Look too .. they get good reports on their shoes.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 15:00   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Thats the kind im looking for something like the good old docs or kickers but can't afford their prices as the gov are squeezing atm
Docs are not very lady like though unless you are going for the cross dressing butch lesbian look. Older ones were always lacking in insulation so needed lots of socks to keep your feet warm but not worn any for ages.

We got Rhonda some really nice boots just before Christmas, supposed to go under the tree but the weather meant they were needed straight away. They were from Winfields.
Old 07-01-2011, 15:04   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Heth is right ... some of the Supermarket's footwear is extremely good value.

Try New Look too .. they get good reports on their shoes.
I can't wear Asda shoes, find they are really rubbish and last no time at all. I am hard on footwear though and usually have to buy decent quality shoes. I find if I pay twice as much they last a lot longer than twice as long and are more comfortable.
Old 07-01-2011, 15:18   #20
God Member

New look had nowt really most places do fashion shoes/boots and ugg type boot crap which are not practical.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 15:23   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Docs are not very lady like though unless you are going for the cross dressing butch lesbian look. Older ones were always lacking in insulation so needed lots of socks to keep your feet warm but not worn any for ages.

We got Rhonda some really nice boots just before Christmas, supposed to go under the tree but the weather meant they were needed straight away. They were from Winfields.
I'm not a fashion follower not really a typical lady, I walk mile and a half per day then moving about on my feet, I'm all about comfortable in what I wear.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 07-01-2011, 15:38   #22
God Member

Quote:
Haven't looked there so will try them, yes it's those kind of things I'm looking for but a bit cheaper lol

if you know someone who has a Littlewoods catalogue, they have a sale on at the moment, might be worth having a look in there
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 15:40   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Army surplus, if as you say you're really not bothered by looks but want hard wear & practicality.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 16:59   #24
Senior Member+

I got me and the girl some Karrimor walking boots from that Sports place in the Mall in Blackburn ( Sports Direct? Sports Connection? - opposite Game) paid £75 for both pairs and mine alone had an rrp of £65, they've been a godsend so far, and haven't slipped once!
Old 07-01-2011, 17:42   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
With the recent weather and having to walk in it im trying to get some decent boots with grip and leather, had bought a pair in shoe zone & had to return them cos of a manufacturing fault, got a credit note but no luck in finding a good pair these days! I simply cannot find what i want/need, and think womens footwear manufacturers assume that women do not need any sort of grip on their footwear whatsover, or if they have grips they are not water proof to be out in all weathers, i really do not understand the logic!!

Anyone know where i can get a reasonable pair at reasonable price from, done all accy places, someone else having same issue said winfields were rubbish.............any suggestions
My other half got a brilliant pair of boots with a great tread on them, and I would think, knowing her, she won't have paid an arm and a leg, but they are certainly fit for purpose
Old 07-01-2011, 17:43   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I got some some like those Lindsay but they are like walking boot trainers. Really comfortable and a good price from that Sport Direct in Blackburn
Old 07-01-2011, 17:51   #27
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I know what ya mean with the 'grip' situation!, these days they seem to have plastic soles, Asda sell rubbish shoes IMO, got my son some school shoes from there, less than 8 weeks they where basically 'Knackered'!
So i wouldnt bother looking in Asda.
If ya want a good boot i suppose ya have to pay the price., if ya after a good grip boot best looking in hiking shops?
Ossy Mills sell shoes and boots, but they can be expensive.
I have a pair of boots, good grip too but they cost me about £50 which i got from ossy mills.
Wellies......alright but slippy on ice.
tried Amazon?
Old 07-01-2011, 20:04   #28
God Member

Thanks for the suggestions that really helps and least has opened up the shoe/boot debate for both men and women, good footwear are essential whatever your style

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 07-01-2011, 20:51   #29
God Member

Here you are. £2.99 over budget though.
Regatta Lady Guideway WP Mid | GO Outdoors

A waterproof mid-height shoe with a supportive sole and abrasion resistant fabric. Built for trail walking, light hiking and everyday ventures.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 21:13   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Here you are. £2.99 over budget though.

Is that right or have you a type error?

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..