Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2011, 19:22   #16
I am Banned

Re: Shed Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzac View Post
Dosen't give that information on the reference but if you search for a Marriage between McLean & Proctor there is one in 1906 in Accrington District of a Angus McLean and Sarah Elizabeth Proctor and in 1911 they were living in Stanley Street Accrington and had a daughter Flora born in 1909/1910.

Accy library have a lot of the various church records an micro fiche, Jack Broderick also did a lot of work on all the main churhes in Accy.
Accy Library has those as well. You should try there before you try Preston, you may get all the info you need at the library, those records would also take you back even further.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Neil; 17-08-2011 at 23:50. Reason: fix quote
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2011, 19:30   #17
God Member

I only want to trace my grandads side because i was only 11 when he died, my mum died when i was 15 so there was nobody to pass on any info about my grandads family really, i have had a bit of info off lily (another accwebber) who is my distant cousin, her grandad and my grandad where brothers (Leslie Mclean)
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 19:33   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Oh my god, they are my great grandparents, thankyou very very much
Eh up there Flashy.
Just done a search in the 1901 census, and neither
Angus McLean or Sarah E Proctor show up in the census as living in Accrington.
A wider search covering Lancashire and there is no Angus McLean, there are three Sarah Proctor's but they live miles away from Accy,
Your gonna need the marriage cert to give place of residence & their parents, if you are going to get anywhere.
Retlaw.
Old 17-08-2011, 19:36   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I only want to trace my grandads side because i was only 11 when he died, my mum died when i was 15 so there was nobody to pass on any info about my grandads family really, i have had a bit of info off lily (another accwebber) who is my distant cousin, her grandad and my grandad where brothers (Leslie Mclean)
The marriage took place at Antley Methodists so it would be worth trying the library to see if they hold them. However I thought Accrington Library records all stopped at 1900 as that was the agreement they had when they recorded them. I can tell you if these are your Great Grandparents that Angus was born in Fulham in London according to the 1911 census and his wife was born in Bacup.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 19:42   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Eh up there Flashy.
Just done a search in the 1901 census, and neither
Angus McLean or Sarah E Proctor show up in the census as living in Accrington.
A wider search covering Lancashire and there is no Angus McLean, there are three Sarah Proctor's but they live miles away from Accy,
Your gonna need the marriage cert to give place of residence & their parents, if you are going to get anywhere.
Retlaw.
You are going to love this one Retlaw. Proves a point. Never trust an index

Angus is listed as Agnes in the 1901 and is living in Accrington on Countess Street with parents Archibald McLean and Mary.
Old 17-08-2011, 19:45   #21
I am Banned

I think I've found him Flashy.
No wonder I couldn't find him first off, he were born in London
they were living at 74 Countess St Acc in 1901.
I've saved the page to file, send me your email addy
& I'll send it to you.
Retlaw.
Old 17-08-2011, 19:49   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzac View Post
You are going to love this one Retlaw. Proves a point. Never trust an index

Angus is listed as Agnes in the 1901 and is living in Accrington on Countess Street with parents Archibald McLean and Mary.
Smarty Pants.
I don't trust a lot of things thats why I kept on looking, we must have been viewing the record at the same time, I'm not reight quick at typing, my fingers have no memory of where the keys are, I'm a two finger typist & 1 finger vcan hit 3 keys at once. Just one thing when magnified he is spelt as Angus age 16.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 17-08-2011 at 19:55. Reason: Spell
Old 17-08-2011, 19:54   #23
God Member

Awwww you two are just wonderful, i'm amazed at the things you've found out

my email addy is [email protected] Walter, thankyou
Old 17-08-2011, 20:03   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Smarty Pants.
I don't trust a lot of things thats why I kept on looking, we must have been viewing the record at the same time, I'm not reight quick at typing, my fingers have no memory of where the keys are, I'm a two finger typist & 1 finger vcan hit 3 keys at once. Just one thing when magnified he is spelt as Angus age 16.
Retlaw.
Yes it was the indexes I was talking about. Everything on the page is o.k. but on the indexes he is Agnes - Son - born Feltham when it is obviously Fulham.

That's what becomes of sending English Census records overseas to be indexed
Old 24-01-2012, 19:10   #25

If you're interested I've got details of some of Angus and Archie's family going back to 1776.
g0bmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 19:15   #26
God Member

Oh yes i'm really interested thankyou
Old 24-01-2012, 19:30   #27

OK Flashy,

We've had discussions about this before but you weren't convinced we were from the same family. The details that have been posted about Angus being born in Fulham prove that we are.

Angus was my Great Grandad Jim's brother.

Ian
Old 24-01-2012, 20:28   #28
God Member

Yes we have Ian, Jim Mclean who died last year?
Old 25-01-2012, 17:33   #29

No, Jim McLean 1883 - 1947 born in Tottenham (not Fulham as the census says)
Old 25-01-2012, 19:03   #30
God Member

i think the last time we spoke about this both Lily and i (lily being my mums cousins daughter) thought we weren't related at all, if the census says Fulham then i believe the census, i still think we are from two completely different families Ian, McLean is a common name

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..