Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2012, 21:16   #76
Super Moderator

Re: Member meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
i wouldn't be seen dead in the oaklea, give me the PEEL PARK any time.
Real Ale Rules Keg
I've been on the Crown once this season, one more than you;ve been on Ewood
That's alright then, as nobody's asking you to the Oaklea.

As for Ewood, why would I want to go there? I'm not a Blackburnian, they're not my hometown club, so there's no reason for me to go there.

Best go and drown your sorrows in "real ale" now!
Old 29-04-2012, 23:09   #77
Senior Member+

last time i went in the oaklea my dad and his twin sister had their 60th birthday party upstairs-- I didn't think the oaklea was that bad actually.
Old 30-04-2012, 01:08   #78
Senior Member+

So now that you have no Stanley to watch/meet at the Oaklea, where will you meet for a beer?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 07:45   #79
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
So now that you have no Stanley to watch/meet at the Oaklea, where will you meet for a beer?
As I don't live in Accy now, don't come up much myself out of season.
However the Railway is the choice of watering hole for many Accywebbers. Best have a word with Mick, Less, Cashy etc about that.
Old 30-04-2012, 07:55   #80
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
As I don't live in Accy now, don't come up much myself out of season.
However the Railway is the choice of watering hole for many Accywebbers. Best have a word with Mick, Less, Cashy etc about that.
Saturday afternoons usually, there is usually one 'guest' natural ale on so we can't completely avoid the pedentary drinkers, we even hope to get Wyonie in there one day, so long as he doesn't mind slumming it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 07:56   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
O.K. Cashy you're going to get that beer I owe you. We fly in on the 12th May so let me know when you will be in your local and I'll, hopefully, join you.
Sorry mate am outa the country on May 7th until 28th, so unless yer still here when i return it just aint gonna be.
Old 30-04-2012, 07:59   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's alright then, as nobody's asking you to the Oaklea.

As for Ewood, why would I want to go there? I'm not a Blackburnian, they're not my hometown club, so there's no reason for me to go there.

Best go and drown your sorrows in "real ale" now!
Wasn't that long ago when you were quite close to drowning your sorrows again Wyn, but didn't see too many Rovers supporters laughing at your plight
Old 30-04-2012, 15:41   #83
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Wasn't that long ago when you were quite close to drowning your sorrows again Wyn, but didn't see too many Rovers supporters laughing at your plight
Not laughing at Blackburnians who are watching their hometown club ruined before their eyes. I know how they feel.

As for Accringtonian traitors, no sympathy whatsoever.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:23   #84
Senior Member+

how much are pints in railway ?
Old 30-04-2012, 17:51   #85
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Not laughing at Blackburnians who are watching their hometown club ruined before their eyes. I know how they feel.

As for Accringtonian traitors, no sympathy whatsoever.
I know what I'll do then went Stanley hit the buffers again, and they willkeep both hands firmly in my pocket
Old 30-04-2012, 19:31   #86
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I know what I'll do then went Stanley hit the buffers again, and they willkeep both hands firmly in my pocket
Think we've been here before, Jay. In our last discussion on the subject, I seem to recall we established that you're a Blackburnian or at least your dad was and Ossy's a grey area in terms of football support anyway, so I'm not classing you as a traitor.

However, I have no sympathy at all for the native Accringtonian Rovers fans whose lack of local pride is manifested in a disinterest towards their hometown club.

Apart from that, am I so influential amongst Rovers fans that my lone comments on a website have (a) prevented Stetrovers from coming up the Stanley next Saturday and (b) stopped you for handing over your brass in the event of some hypothetical future sticky patch for the Stanley? I feel honoured indeed to wield such influence! Perhaps I should have a word with the chicken farmers and tell them to go!
Old 30-04-2012, 19:50   #87
God Member

Quote:

Apart from that, am I so influential amongst Rovers fans that my lone comments on a website have (a) prevented Stetrovers from coming up the Stanley next Saturday and (b) stopped you for handing over your brass in the event of some hypothetical future sticky patch for the Stanley? I feel honoured indeed to wield such influence! Perhaps I should have a word with the chicken farmers and tell them to go!
Or just accept the fact that Rovers fans have always been good at dishing it out to all and sundry but don't like it up em
Old 30-04-2012, 20:14   #88

I was born in Blackburn, but have lived all my life in Accrington.
John Alty put me off going to watch Stanley, don't think he's an Accringtonian
Another ex Stanley chairman was John Prescott, a Blackburnian i think, (loved his pies) at least his shop was in Blackburn.
You don't need to be from the town to support your team.
Barry Kilby ( Great Harwood ) Burnley soon to be ex chairman. Good luck to him with his cancer battle.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:35   #89
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
John Alty put me off going to watch Stanley, don't think he's an Accringtonian
John Alty's no longer the chairman and hasn't been for many a long year so that's no excuse for not coming to Stanley. John Prescott as far as I'm aware lived in Ossy and as you say, Barry Kilby lives in Harwood - neither town currently has a football club, so they're free to support who they want. You've lived in Accy all your life, so you should be supporting your hometown club. Even if you were a Rovers fan and came up the Stanley on a regular basis when Rovers were away or didn't have a game, I might be inclined to give you a special dispensation. There's too many like you in Accy who support other town's clubs and don't give a stuff about their hometown club - that unfortunately is the root of Stanley's problems!
Old 30-04-2012, 23:36   #90
Senior Member+

Will be here until 8th June Cash so that's just the 2nd left, it,s a way off but I'll give it a shot. what time?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..