Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 17:04   #106
I am Banned

Re: Member meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Feel free to call down plenty of tables.
You are also welcome to try feather rustling, we don't get many gays dressed in feather boas down there you can be our first, but bring plenty of hankies in case things don't quite go your way.
lol sorry i assumed you and a few other members were the gays with feather boas
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2012, 17:23   #107
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris View Post
i can tell everyone's welcome...they except you and your special needs with open arms
With posts like that, we can all see why you are so popular.
Looking forward to seeing you, if you can find one, bring a friend.

Quote:
If you do turn up try to be original with your comebacks, don't just repeat what the other person says, that is infantile.

Last edited by Less; 04-05-2012 at 17:27.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 17:26   #108
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Im happy to turn up if Accychris and kestrelx are.... it would make for a "different" meeting (hmm not sure if i (they) could afford)
if your talking about drinks .....i only drink soft drinks
Old 04-05-2012, 17:44   #109
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by less
If you do turn up try to be original with your comebacks, don't just repeat what the other person says, that is infantile.

that wasnt a comeback i just assumed you meet for more than drinks with how close some of you seem on here...if you was saying im gay in order to justifie a comeback well thats infantile...don't you think?
plus
Gay is not an offensive thing to be called. SO I would take it more as a statement than an offense

Last edited by AccyChris; 04-05-2012 at 17:48.
Old 04-05-2012, 18:22   #110
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
i can tell everyone's welcome...they except you and your special needs with open arms
Not grammar but spelling & the correct word for the situation, basic schoolboy error young Christopher ! Except (not including, other than), so by using except as opposed to the more correct accept (concent to receive) you have nullified your intended comment & changed its intent.

If you intend to bait people please do try harder.
Old 04-05-2012, 18:26   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not grammar but spelling & the correct word for the situation, basic schoolboy error young Christopher ! Except (not including, other than), so by using except as opposed to the more correct accept (concent to receive) you have nullified your intended comment & changed its intent.

Or better still, young(?) Christopher, stop trying altogether, you're not very good at it.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 18:34   #112
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Do you have a cane to dave
Old 04-05-2012, 18:51   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris
in order to justifie a comeback well thats infantile...don't you think?
plus
Gay is not an offensive thing to be called. SO I would take it more as a statement than an offense
Second post you've used the same words as I as a retort.

You just aren't up to thinking original are you?

As for gay, I didn't intend it as offensive, but if you can't understand why I used it in reply to your misuse of 'rustle' instead of the correct 'ruffle', I won't bother explaining the humour, I'll bet your English teacher gave up on you as well, if you actually bothered going to school that is.

Look forward to meeting you in the very near future.

I'm sure that in person you can't actually be as stupid as you are on here.

Last edited by Neil; 06-05-2012 at 13:12. Reason: fix quote
Old 04-05-2012, 18:58   #114
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Second post you've used the same words as I as a retort.

You just aren't up to thinking original are you?

As for gay, I didn't intend it as offensive, but if you can't understand why I used it in reply to your misuse of 'rustle' instead of the correct 'ruffle', I won't bother explaining the humour, I'll bet your English teacher gave up on you as well, if you actually bothered going to school that is.

Look forward to meeting you in the very near future.

I'm sure that in person you can't actually be as stupid as you are on here.
Don't bank on it Less, he won't turn up
Old 04-05-2012, 19:07   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Feel free to call down plenty of tables.
You are also welcome to try feather rustling, we don't get many gays dressed in feather boas down there you can be our first, but bring plenty of hankies in case things don't quite go your way.
Why is Garinda coming down? Or going up (if he's travelling from down south)! Seriously I don't think i'll be able to make it this time.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 19:49   #116
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Do you have a cane to dave
Jay, I have a vast swathe of correctional implements readily available, but the big pointy stick of concise vocabulary is my favourite.
Old 04-05-2012, 20:10   #117
I am Banned

I couldn't come even if i did actually want to. I've other(better) things to do with my time other than talkin about diction,grammar,fire fighting equipment an feather boas ...have a goodtime tho

Last edited by AccyChris; 04-05-2012 at 20:12.
Old 04-05-2012, 20:29   #118

Quote:
I couldn't come even if i did actually want to. I've other(better) things to do with my time other than talkin about diction,grammar,fire fighting equipment an feather boas ...have a goodtime tho
Your loss, though I don't think you'll be missed.
Old 04-05-2012, 20:32   #119
God Member

Quote:
Jay, I have a vast swathe of correctional implements readily available, but the big pointy stick of concise vocabulary is my favourite.
concise -
Adjective:Giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.

I think you mean verbose

"Definition of VERBOSE : containing more words than necessary"

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 20:56   #120
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
concise -
Adjective:Giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.

I think you mean verbose

"Definition of VERBOSE : containing more words than necessary"
I disagree, in reference to AC's post I gave him the correct word for the comment he was making "accept" & not "except" by the false usage the intent was flawed, hence the "big pointy stick of concise vocabulary" observation.

As to your utterance of verbose, again I'd tend to challenge your remark. A wide & varied word stock is far more desirable than a limited & repetitive Lexis. I consider it educational & informative if it means folk will look up & possibly learn a new turn of phrase rather than an old & tired form. Having the wherewithal & audaciousness to use it is another matter.

I understand it may be beyond some folk, but therein lies the joys of a Dictionary/Thesaurus be it in book form or on-line, the written word for every man.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..