Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2012, 18:30   #31

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Did the person who issued the ticket speak to the lady in the car? If she were in the passenger seat would the ticket issuer not have assumed that the absent driver was the disabled badge holder. Does the disabled badge not allow one to park in any other parking bay? Pity she didn't end up parking on the double yellow lines instead.
That was kind of what I was getting at! And also, if somebody is in the car they don't usually issue a ticket without at least saying something.

I am assuming that your Mother's disability is something that doesn't mean she couldn't have spoken to defend herself to the ticket issuer?If it does then that's a new matter altogether I think.
Old 18-10-2012, 18:38   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Did the person who issued the ticket speak to the lady in the car? If she were in the passenger seat would the ticket issuer not have assumed that the absent driver was the disabled badge holder. Does the disabled badge not allow one to park in any other parking bay? Pity she didn't end up parking on the double yellow lines instead.
Again,not the issue here ... abuse of a Blue Card is another matter and would rarely get a fine.

The issue is that the driver did not obtain a permit from the market to park there ... reckon this is a very shaky area though.

Bet they are making a fortune on those particular parking bays !

Hey, did you know that the term 'disabled' is not politically correct ... suggests someone is completely comatosed. Should be 'a person with disabilities'. Bit difficult though to say 'A person with disabilities parking area'.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 18:44   #33
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Again,not the issue here ... abuse of a Blue Card is another matter and would rarely get a fine.

The issue is that the driver did not obtain a permit from the market to park there ... reckon this is a very shaky area though.

Bet they are making a fortune on those particular parking bays !

Hey, did you know that the term 'disabled' is not politically correct ... suggests someone is completely comatosed. Should be 'a person with disabilities'. Bit difficult though to say 'A person with disabilities parking area'.
OK Kate, point made and taken.
Old 19-10-2012, 00:36   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylee View Post
Hi, Can anyone help please, I have been issued a parking ticket today outside the market hall, I had displayed a disabled permit belonging to my disabled mother who was sat in the car, I had nipped into the market hall for 6 teacakes and 4 peices of bacon I was 4 minutes (I had to set the timer disc and then checked when I got back) There were disabled spaces but taken. Some guy who was there when I got the notice said its a scam?? they can't own land that belongs to the council?? The more annoying fact is that I could have parked on double yellow 10 foot away and displayed the badge, but inside I decided to use a designated space and got penalised. Does anyone know if ive a leg to stand on fine is £100 or £50 for early payment. I can't ring only to pay disputes in writing but then failure of appeal means I will have to pay the £100....I am very upset (actually crying, I know i'm silly) can someone from the council comment also plz??

Can the council claim to own land? i don't think so i think it's held in trust(it's actually your/public property)

End of the day it's the council were talking about(there going to try every trick in the book to get their/your money)
if your not ruthless and thick skinned i'd say pay the 50notes or speak to a solicitor Even tho they'll prob say anything long as there making money out of you,,,if you are ruthless let me know
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 01:18   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
I think you'll find it's the DVLA who are the owner....your just the keeper
No, I have a receipt from the seller which proves it is my car.Yes I am the registered keeper with the DVLA but I own it.
Old 19-10-2012, 01:25   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
looks like this threads about to change topic and get abit interesting (prob my fault...sorry)
If you want to discuss another topic then please start another thread.

I have removed the off topic posts, please stick to the parking issue.
Old 19-10-2012, 08:31   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
It wasn't a disabled bay, it was a permit holders bay, you aren't disabled, unlawful use of badges too so therefore you are in the wrong, you could have parked a hundred yards up the road at the side of what was Mcdonalds with your badges IF your mother had got out the car, it pi$$es me off when people come on here moaning about something that is their own fault
Apart from the last 17 words after the comma I am in agreement.

There are some decent traffic wardens about though.
I parked in the side street just opposite Oswaldtwistle library to go to get a pie from Manning bakery, there were cars right up to the yellow lines so I thought as I would only be a few seconds I would park on there anyway.
My wife was sat in the car and when I returned two minutes later there was a traffic warden stood by the car talking to my wife.
He had noticed her blue badge card in the door pocket and with her permission had put it in the windscreen. He advised me to be more careful in future, I accepted I was parked illegally because my wife was sat in the car, anyway he wished me a good day and went on his merry way.

I didn't have the heart to ask him why he was patrolling an area where traffic was running freely when he could make a fortune for his company if he hung around Blackburn road near Willows lane.
Old 19-10-2012, 09:19   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Apart from the last 17 words after the comma I am in agreement.

There are some decent traffic wardens about though.
I parked in the side street just opposite Oswaldtwistle library to go to get a pie from Manning bakery, there were cars right up to the yellow lines so I thought as I would only be a few seconds I would park on there anyway.
My wife was sat in the car and when I returned two minutes later there was a traffic warden stood by the car talking to my wife.
He had noticed her blue badge card in the door pocket and with her permission had put it in the windscreen. He advised me to be more careful in future, I accepted I was parked illegally because my wife was sat in the car, anyway he wished me a good day and went on his merry way.

I didn't have the heart to ask him why he was patrolling an area where traffic was running freely when he could make a fortune for his company if he hung around Blackburn road near Willows lane.
I suspect they are instructed to avoid that area at all costs.
Old 19-10-2012, 09:25   #39
Senior Member+

I suspect what you suspect is right cashy.
Old 19-10-2012, 10:01   #40
I am Banned

Worth a little look

Private corporations cannot demand a penalty fare as penalty fares are irrecoverable at common law. They can only claim for actual losses. So if you are staying in a car park that is free, they haven't incurred a loss or if you pay say £2 for 4hrs, they can only claim for £2.
Old 19-10-2012, 10:19   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
No, I have a receipt from the seller which proves it is my car.Yes I am the registered keeper with the DVLA but I own it.
If you own something you don't have to tell anyone when you sell it
Old 19-10-2012, 10:27   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I hope hairylee is careful with the information you posted because if its where I think it wont be a private firm it will be the Council wardens which are enforceable by law and ignoring them will likely end you up in court.
O no not the dreaded court...what LAW are they enforcing?
Old 19-10-2012, 13:12   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
O no not the dreaded court...what LAW are they enforcing?
Right or wrong they enforce the law of the land, yeh really got a problem in the I.Q. department. I sincerely hope yeh get bored soon.
Old 19-10-2012, 13:36   #44
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Right or wrong they enforce the law of the land, yeh really got a problem in the I.Q. department. I sincerely hope yeh get bored soon.
i think if you looked into the law cash, you'd see they Actually enforce statutes/Acts which are not the law of the land(the uk is under common law juridiction)..take it you did'nt you watch/comprehend the clip?

Last edited by Chris SUI JURIS; 19-10-2012 at 13:39.
Old 19-10-2012, 14:27   #45
Beacon of light

Statutes are laws passed by acts of parliament......English courts recognise the primacy of statute law over common law where the two overlap.
Now if I remember rightly, your previous ego didn't recognise statute law.....prefering to cite common law.
As for your comment on the DVLA.....they do not own your car...you only notify them of the sale of the vehicle so that they may levy the duty to the new owner rather that you....and if you do not notify them of this change of ownership, then you might just find that you get all kinds of traffic tickets sent to you when you no longer own that vehicle....and I think you can be fined for not notifying a change of owner.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..