Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2012, 10:46   #1
Senior Member+

Winter Bug

I have just managed to drag myself out of my pit as I feel kinda human today.

Anyone else had this bug? Its been horrible, I have been in bed most of weekend and throwing up with blood in it.

Not good but at least I have had it now and not going to get ill over Christmas.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2012, 12:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Winter Bug

I think the blood in the vomit should be checked out by a doctor, if you haven't already.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 12:56   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree wi dave heth, get it checked out.
davemac likes this.
Old 17-12-2012, 13:25   #4
Beacon of light

Yes, Heth...there may be a very simple reason, but you should still get yourself off to see the Doc...pronto.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 16:28   #5
Senior Member+

Someone else at work had it and went to the docs, they just gave him a juice to line his stomach apparently it is part of the bug. I dont have any stomach pain and I am still eating bits.

I will go doc's if I am the same again tomorrow but I hate going to that place its full of germs!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 16:39   #6
Beacon of light

I understand your qualms...fully. I am the worlds worst at seeing the quack, but if you have blood in anything that comes from you...vomit, wee, poo...or from any other place, then it is important to get it checked out......you are you.......not whoever it was who saw the Doc...your circumstances/symptoms may sound the same, but you need someone with a medical degree to look at you...........NOW, do as you are told and get gone!
Old 17-12-2012, 19:35   #7
Resting in Peace

I look after myself quite well really but the first time I see blood in anything I send for the cavalry, blood showing up anywhere ain't natural
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 19:42   #8
Senior Member+

I've had it before but never had or heard of blood! Get it checked, heth, especially if you're still not feeling well.
I'ts decimating some of the cruise ships at the moment and they are quite strict on hand hygene with antiseptic washes for all the guests all the time. So if they can't stop it spreading- watch out for your family!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 21:32   #9
God Member

Over the last few weeks a picture of a blond geriatric dog with painted eyes has greeted me each time I sign on to Accy Web. it goes under the caption of 'Mature Dating UK'. It is as ugly as sin. Now, I know I'm not old enough for this sort of nonsense and that is why each time I see it I vomit. I assume therefore this is the winter bug that everyone is talking about. So then moderators - I know you like to erase my posts - but can't you just get rid of these old slappers instead so that I can sit here and have a nice pint without chundering all over the place?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 21:36   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Over the last few weeks a picture of a blond geriatric dog with painted eyes has greeted me each time I sign on to Accy Web. it goes under the caption of 'Mature Dating UK'. It is as ugly as sin. Now, I know I'm not old enough for this sort of nonsense and that is why each time I see it I vomit. I assume therefore this is the winter bug that everyone is talking about. So then moderators - I know you like to erase my posts - but can't you just get rid of these old slappers instead so that I can sit here and have a nice pint without chundering all over the place?
Top of my page says 'Do you need a defibrillator?' Do they know something I don't?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 21:38   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Top of my page says 'Do you need a defibrillator?' Do they know something I don't?
You'd need one if you were to have twenty minutes with that horror who pops up on my page.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 21:41   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I look after myself quite well really but the first time I see blood in anything I send for the cavalry, blood showing up anywhere ain't natural
I can think of one exception

(I've missed you, JaySay)!

No, I agree and hope you make a good recovery. I haven't had the bug, have escaped any illness this year (touches wood!) but my Mother has been pretty ill with some sort of stomach infection. Sounds similar but she didn't have the blood. It does sound pretty worrying!
Old 17-12-2012, 21:57   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

'Ere you, get yerself off to the vets & don't be coming on here spreading your lurgy !
Old 18-12-2012, 07:43   #14
Beacon of light

Quote:
Who let you into my brain to read my mind?
She doesn't make me vomit, but then women just aren't my 'thing'.
She was well down the line when they were giving out the looks....and should she have so much bare flesh on show?
Old 18-12-2012, 09:28   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I aint ever noticed this Swamp Donkey T? Perhaps its me built in radar fer ignoring adverts?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..