Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 20:02   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Royal Blackburn Hospital site info needed

My Mrs is a HCA and she takes blood, may depend which dept. you are in I suppose.
flashy likes this.
gpick24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2013, 20:08   #17
God Member

thankyou G, when i was swatting up on the job before the interview i looked at the job spec for general hca's, it didnt mention taking blood but you are more than likely right
Old 11-08-2013, 20:14   #18
Senior Member+

It seems HCA`s are doing more and more the tasks traditionally done by nurses.
Healthcare assistants carry out nursing tasks | News | Nursing Times
A quote from the above link -
He said: “This tends to confirm our research that HCAs are not only carrying out direct care, such as making beds and feeding patients, but that they have started to move into what could be called low level technical tasks such as observations and taking blood samples.”
Old 11-08-2013, 20:29   #19
God Member

what a great website, thankyou for that G
Old 11-08-2013, 20:36   #20
Senior Member+

No problem, good luck.
Old 11-08-2013, 20:39   #21
God Member

lol, i will let you know if i have to do that IF i get the all clear and a start date
Old 12-08-2013, 20:08   #22
Beacon of light

Hope everything went well, Shaz, was thinking of you this morning.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 21:10   #23
God Member

All went well thankyou Marg, the buggers managed to stick a needle in me, only got 3 or 4 more to have now, 2nd mmr and a course of hep B injections, oh the joys of wanting to work in a hospital hey
Just have to wait for my enhanced crb to come back now then I will hopefully get a start date
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 12-08-2013, 22:28   #24
God Member

Well done Shazxxx
Old 13-08-2013, 06:20   #25
Beacon of light

Great stuff Shaz....glad you are going to be doing something which will give yo so much satisfaction...yes, it will be hard graft...but you will know you are making a difference in the lives of the people you look after.
Old 13-08-2013, 06:33   #26
God Member

Thanx Bernie xxx

Marg, you wouldn't believe how much getting this job means to me, its not 'just another job' its what I will be doing that means a lot, now Reece is nearly 17 he doesn't need me so much anymore, I have all this care left to give but no one to give it to, I just hope I can help someone and give them a bit of what I have
Old 13-08-2013, 07:39   #27
Beacon of light

Shaz, that is exactly what the patients need...someone with enthusiasm and who cares...don't let anyone knock that out of you.
Life isn't just the line of financial figures that need to add up....there is much more to job satisfaction than that.
I wish you all the very best in your chosen career,.......and it will be what you make it..the opportunities are there for you if you show you are interested, then they will train you to do lots of things.
BERNADETTE and Gremlin like this.
Old 13-08-2013, 07:45   #28
Senior Member+

Congratulations Flashy, it's nice to know that there are still people out there who are determined to get a job rather than rely on us poor old tax payers to keep them.
Well done and I hope the job turns out to be all you want.
Old 13-08-2013, 09:18   #29
God Member

Gremlin, I have had more than my fair share of benefits over the years, the benefits system is what has kept me going for years, not everyone who is on benefits is a scrounger though, I was a single parent, it isn't as much fun as you think relying on the state, for the last 5 years I have been applying for job after job, it isn't as easy these days to just walk into a job, a firm has maybe 2 jobs going and 200 applicants for the same job, if your cv doesn't stand out immediately to them then they don't even bother reading it, they bin it, the amount of cv's I have sent out over the years is unreal, being on the dole I have to apply for 15 jobs a week, I have to do all this online and have hard proof that I have done it so there is no trying to bluff the system by pretending you have applied for jobs or making jobs up, I was very lucky in my teens, I could walk straight from one job into another, often stop working for one one day and have a fresh job the day after, you just can't do that now, so please think on when you think all who are on benefits are scroungers, most aren't

I wasn't getting at you Gremlin, just people who think that in general
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 13-08-2013, 09:44   #30
Senior Member+

most of us know it`s not easy finding a job, but you are proof that persistence pays off.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..