Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Is Christianity a force for good?
yes 6 40.00%
no 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2014, 14:27   #106
Beacon of light

Re: is Christianity a force for good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

But my issue is how all these "customs" and "religious beliefs" are rooted in child hood fantasy. For example a lot of Muslims believe if they do violent acts they will end up in heaven! Now how childish is that? Christians also believe they will end up in heaven - through Jesus Christ and so on!
You are entitled to your beliefs....but you are not entitled to disrespect and sneer at those people who have beliefs that differ from yours.
The whole legal system is faith based. There would be no education if it had not been for monks, who taught latin to the children of rich men...then it was the London Guilds which educated children......and the education of children went on from there.

Not all muslims believe that they have to perform acts of terror.....only those who have been radicalised.....and radicalisation occurs by men who pervert the religion they profess to love...so this isn't the doing of religion per se it is the doing of man in the name of religion...man is using religion as a scapegoat for his own agenda - which usually involves obtaining power or money or both.

I can live along side those who have a faith...I can live alongside those who don't have a faith. I respect both for their choices. It isn't hard.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2014, 16:09   #107
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

is Christianity a force for good?

Quote:
I got more brains than thee mate This quote sums you up - "MIne is not to wonder why? Mine is just to do or die!" Do as your told mate!

You may have more brains than cashy, however I suspect he has more sense, he wouldn't drive high as a kite risking splattering his brains against some motorway bridge.
So maybe survival is a better choice than IQ?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 17:06   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You may have more brains than cashy, however I suspect he has more sense, he wouldn't drive high as a kite risking splattering his brains against some motorway bridge.
So maybe survival is a better choice than IQ?
You don't know if I was high as a kite? Do you - you are jumping to false assumptions about the situation.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 17:11   #109

Quote:
You don't know if I was high as a kite? Do you - you are jumping to false assumptions about the situation.
My memory seems to recall you posting, I think in your drugs thread that very fact.
Old 06-01-2014, 17:12   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
My memory seems to recall you posting, I think in your drugs thread that very fact.
I said I'd taken mushrooms! But - that may have been with my breakfast,
Old 06-01-2014, 17:14   #111

Quote:
I said I'd taken mushrooms! But - that may have been with my breakfast,
I doubt very much that you are ever 'down' in time for breakfast.
Old 06-01-2014, 17:25   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
I doubt very much that you are ever 'down' in time for breakfast.
Again making assumptions; I usually rise well before 8:30am OK!
Old 06-01-2014, 17:33   #113

Quote:
Again making assumptions; I usually rise well before 8:30am OK!
No problem, if you say so it must be true, in fact I'd also believe your brother if he came back on here and told me he was a charity worker that used to put baby food on Tesco's shelves for absolutely no personal gain.

Old 06-01-2014, 17:36   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
No problem, if you say so it must be true, in fact I'd also believe your brother if he came back on here and told me he was a charity worker that used to put baby food on Tesco's shelves for absolutely no personal gain.

Your an Idiot! As you ain't got a clue about how I live my life. Just like I don't know you crawl home from the pub every night - after getting ****ed on your pension!
Old 06-01-2014, 17:48   #115

Quote:
Your an Idiot! As you ain't got a clue about how I live my life. Just like I don't know you crawl home from the pub every night - after getting ****ed on your pension!
Oh, dear, did I hit a nerve?

Let me apologise most sincerely to you, after all, just because I think you talk rubbish and every post you put on seems to add to my conviction, does not mean I'm correct.

One thought though, if I do crawl home every night, at least my intoxicated mind is never, nor has it ever been, behind the wheel of a van travelling irresponsibly along a motorway in Cumbria, can your drug ruined mind say the same?
Old 06-01-2014, 18:01   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
I got more brains than thee mate This quote sums you up - "MIne is not to wonder why? Mine is just to do or die!" Do as your told mate!
You talk of assumptions then make them yourself, on what do you base your assumption in this statement. From what i have read throughout this forum in your posts, your statement of having more brains than cashy or anyone for that matter is definitely open to debate
Old 06-01-2014, 18:06   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
You talk of assumptions then make them yourself, on what do you base your assumption in this statement. From what i have read throughout this forum in your posts, your statement of having more brains than cashy or anyone for that matter is definitely open to debate
Because he is prepared to talk to many of us, are you calling him a massdebator?
Old 06-01-2014, 18:09   #118
Senior Member+

Far be it for me to make such an assumption, less.
Less likes this.
Old 06-01-2014, 18:16   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh, dear, did I hit a nerve?

Let me apologise most sincerely to you, after all, just because I think you talk rubbish and every post you put on seems to add to my conviction, does not mean I'm correct.

One thought though, if I do crawl home every night, at least my intoxicated mind is never, nor has it ever been, behind the wheel of a van travelling irresponsibly along a motorway in Cumbria, can your drug ruined mind say the same?
Less, if you put his brains in a kestrel it would fly backwards
Old 09-01-2014, 17:17   #120
Senior Member+

I am not a particularly religious character but there have been a few times in my life when I prayed with all my might and I am sure that many prayers are offered up every day by our troops in Afghanistan.
So believe or not, allow everyone to have their choice and don't criticise them for their choice.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..