Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2014, 18:41   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The Colosseum needs a grant doing i reckon, The trevi fountains i think are better to see, if yeh can afford a drink in the nearbye cafes. when yeh goin to Brussels anyway? lol
It's comments like that C that make me call our peg names like "misery"

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2014, 19:17   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Looks like its Rome or brussels, I want to go to Rome but 'misery' wants to go to brussels , either way i'll be taking the inhaler
I'll check the ratio of oxygen thiefs/scoucers to natives when we decide .

If I was thinking of going to Brussels I'd go to Bruges instead.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 21:10   #18
Full Member+

Keep out of Charleroi, they really do hate Brits there after our (and German) football yobs smashed up their beautiful town square.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 21:47   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Keep out of Charleroi, they really do hate Brits there after our (and German) football yobs smashed up their beautiful town square.
Seem to remember the French and the Germans made a real mess of the place in '14
DaveinGermany likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 22:31   #20
Senior Member+

get thisen off to cleethorpes for a couple of days in a manky caravan and save thisen sum brass lad.
they dunt spek proper us words tother side o choppy channel.

gud norf sea air on theast coast of englishland wi do thi world a gud.

thonly gud thing bout Brussels is little lad wi is tackle out, meks you proud to bi a proper chap.
last time i was in place diff fell out mi chara. rough paved roads to blame.
Old 02-08-2014, 22:42   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
If I was thinking of going to Brussels I'd go to Bruges instead.
It's a possabilty d, I got told Bruge can be a bit dull though.
It looks a fabulous city, And it doesnt have a nasty vegetable named after it......

...And there's Brewery tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I'll add that to my Rome defence
I'll be sure to leave my union-jack Tshirt and shorts at home,Thanks for the heads up
Eric likes this.

password--Accyweb
Old 02-08-2014, 22:46   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
get thisen off to cleethorpes for a couple of days in a manky caravan and save thisen sum brass lad.
they dunt spek proper us words tother side o choppy channel.

gud norf sea air on theast coast of englishland wi do thi world a gud.

thonly gud thing bout Brussels is little lad wi is tackle out, meks you proud to bi a proper chap.
last time i was in place diff fell out mi chara. rough paved roads to blame.
thi might not spek proper but thi got Brewery tour G

password--Accyweb
Old 03-08-2014, 06:42   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Seem to remember the French and the Germans made a real mess of the place in '14
As I recall, we went there in 2001 the year after England had beaten Germany 1-0 in the European Cup. We knew nothing of football and it took a while for us to discover why we were treated like outcasts.
We were ignored in a bar so asked the barman what the problem was and he showed us some pictures of the aftermath and quite frankly, I don't blame him for feeling the way he did. We only stayed 2 days out of a planned week and fortunately we were travelling free so hadn't paid for hotels in advance. We caught a train to France and had a great time after that but the experience left me with no intention of ever returning the Belgium.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:25   #24

Had a great weekend in Bruges last October. Wouldn't mind going back sometime.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:41   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Bruges is certainly the place i prefer in Belgium.well worth going imho.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:20   #26
Full Member+

Bruges is a lovely city with plenty to see, very historic, I'd definitely go back given the chance. I stayed in Rome in 2000 and it was fantastic. I think though, that this time of the year it will be heaving with tourists and hot and the air pollution from all the traffic probably quite high. I went in November when the weather was warm and the bulk of the tourists had gone. We didn't have to queue for the Colosseum or Sistine Chapel. Its one giant open air museum, if I went again I'd go out of season. Hope you get to experience it!
Eric likes this.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:05   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The Colosseum ain't all it's cracked up to be, went there the other week, the pizza was soggy & I think they did the chips in olive oil, as to the cost I think they still thought they were charging in Lira! If we go for an Italian again I think we'll go to Corleones instead.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:23   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The Colosseum ain't all it's cracked up to be, went there the other week, the pizza was soggy & I think they did the chips in olive oil, as to the cost I think they still thought they were charging in Lira! If we go for an Italian again I think we'll go to Corleones instead.
True i thought it was poor, they weren't even sacrificing any christians,to make it interesting.
Old 03-08-2014, 17:29   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'll be sure to leave my union-jack Tshirt and shorts at home,Thanks for the heads up
Good idea ... wear something with a maple leaf on it ... always goes over well in Europe Oh, and use "eh" at least once in every sentence. About 20 years ago, I was in a small town near Delft, wearing my team Canada shirt. Went into a bar, and found out that my money was no good.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 19:28   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
About 20 years ago, I was in a small town near Delft, wearing my team Canada shirt. Went into a bar, and found out that my money was no good.
Happens quite often in Holland does that, a couple of friends & I where over for the week-end fishing one time & we had the same experience, the Dutch have long memories & teach the next generation their history.
Eric likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..