Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 18:15   #46
Senior Member+

Re: It's not a problem or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
That was a cheap blow......
)
Cheap blow? I don't think so.

After all, you're the one who told us that at 14.48 on a Tuesday afternoon you were getting so high we shouldn't expect any sense from you until-- you didn't seem too sure when.

Your later posts suggest you were right.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2014, 23:01   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
If people want to have a drink or have a smoke and as long as it doesn't affect their work then "it's not a problem or is it"?
If they could accurately pinpoint at what time the joints where smoked then yeah I am all for the tests- Cannabis as we know there is no hangover like you get with alcohol. But it stays detectable in your system(though its having zero effect on anything you do at work, the effects simply do not last that long) and It isn't fair to penalise staff because they had a few joints Sunday night. That has absolutely nothing to do with anyone. But it is fair to do so if they are smoking on the way to work, on breaks and eating space-cakes for lunch, and if this is detected then they should be facing disciplinary action for drinking/taking drugs at work.

The problem with this BS is there is a too much of a fine line between under the influence and "in the system" and nobody really cares for drugs subjects on here. But hey. You know this. Right?
Accyexplorer and putsinker like this.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:43   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if accyx is related to Kes?
Still waiting fer n answer to this.!!
Old 08-10-2014, 13:05   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if accyx is related to Kes?
Quote:
Still waiting fer n answer to this.!!
Some geneticists believe we're all at least 50th cousins to everyone else on this planet (like one big family)....some stats if your interested (or not) The Straight Dope: 2, 4, 8, 16 ... how can you always have MORE ancestors as you go back in time?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 13:14   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Some geneticists believe we're all at least 50th cousins to everyone else on this planet (like one big family)]
Are you suggesting you could be my 50th cousin?

You've depressed me for the rest of the day!
dotti34 likes this.
Old 08-10-2014, 13:24   #51
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: It's not a problem or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Are you suggesting you could be my 50th cousin?

You've depressed me for the rest of the day!
Count your fingers and toes if you have more than the normal amount, then yes, inbreeding could mean you are very closely related.
(He must have more fingers than most to get his crap out there so quickly).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 13:24   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Oh how clever, avoiding a straight answer, wish i were that bright.it only required a yes or no.
Old 09-10-2014, 15:40   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh how clever, avoiding a straight answer, wish i were that bright.it only required a yes or no.
Is he an M.P?
cashman, Barrie Yates and dotti34 like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:19   #54
Senior Member+

You may of gathered I'm quite partial to a herbal ciggie now and again, yes I know, It's high time i recognised folk other than myself in my thought process and stopped for a moment to consider the ramifications my drug use may have on other folk....but... 'work is the curse of the smoking classes'.
No doubt there have been times when I'd of probably failed a drug test due to some THC in my system but I'm pretty responsible with my 'habit' and I don't turn up for work of my box.
Say I did go into work with red eyes, smelling of stale ale,and all hungover and 'it was effecting my work performance', I'd expect disciplinary action to be taken 'after' a test.

I can see these tests sending folk back into unemployment leaving them basically unemployable due to their new 'drug user' title. What constitutes a unacceptable level of drugs, Is the rate the same for drink driving as it is for say a office job?

I want a job testing all those directors/managers 5minutes after they come back from their (liquid) lunches or maybe testing employees for stress I've lost count of the weekends I have lost due to the crippling effects of working.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:47   #55
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

And you confessed to the above for what reason?
It doesn't make you big or clever, whatever artificial stimulant you are using, please keep such information to yourself and not on site, it only shows you up.
dotti34 likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 15:04   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
You may of gathered
Don't need to gather- you tell us on a regular basis
Old 10-10-2014, 15:30   #57
I am Banned

Quote:
You may of gathered I'm quite partial to a herbal ciggie now and again, yes I know, It's high time i recognised folk other than myself in my thought process and stopped for a moment to consider the ramifications my drug use may have on other folk....
Bit numb starting and or contributing to this thread if you haven't already done that AccyX
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 15:38   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
You may of gathered I'm quite partial to a herbal ciggie now and again, yes I know, It's high time i recognised folk other than myself in my thought process and stopped for a moment to consider the ramifications my drug use may have on other folk....

No doubt there have been times when I'd of probably failed a drug test due to some THC in my system
So it is a problem? You've answered your own question.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..