Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2004, 18:06   #16
resting in peace

Re: DAB Radio.

Gawd, why don't you just get the band in the back of the car with you? It sounds as if it would be cheaper! Cheapskate Scotsman talking.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2004, 06:24   #17
God Member

Re: DAB Radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Entwisi the problem is once you have heard a REALLY nice full and rich sound, You compare everything else to it And I probably am using slightly rose coloured glasses through my memory I remember changing from cassette to cd in my car, I had a fully active system in my car seven pheonix amps alpine controls and head unit, Just under 1000 watts rms. And there was more feeling and emotion from a metal tape recorded from vinyl than a CD, but cd was easier cheaper.
Sorry but even a good quality metal tape recorded well on a three head system will struggle to give anywhere near the S/N that CD can manage(IIRC Metal could manage ~100Db, CD was well over 120). The only saving grace may have been the early car CD players did not have decent D/A and did sound quite bright.

Quote:
I want to hear what the mike hears in the studio when I am listening to music, Fussy ****** I hear you say.. can't help it
No way I'm just the same. Good hi fi should sound like the person/band/etc is right there in front of you with a full and deep soundstage. Just close your eyes and 'see' with your minds eye.

Quote:
But I have just a little denon setup with celestion speakers and NO record deck at home, Neighbours limit me

So yes I have been dragged along with "advancements" but am not sure they are "better" Easier for sure..
The do what I did and move next to some neighbours who are a little deaf

I have never been a vinyl user only when I was selling them. I think I have 3 records in total.

Quote:
Vorlon........ My record deck in my car was a cassette deck with a good tape recorded from a good vinyl system.. But yes am on CD's because of cost, ease etc (but not ultimate sound for me)..
Heh, I remember they did make in car record decks, the problem was the needle pressure was so high to stop it jumping it wrecked the record in about 6 plays. Still, it was an alternative to 6 track
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..