Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2018, 07:48   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Anyone know about bottles?

Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted, I’ve been busy with work and family commitments...hope everyone’s well.

Right, I took the hound for a walk along the canal at Rishton and as I walked near the bridge at the end of bridge street I noticed a old bottle sticking out the soil (couldn’t believe my luck).

It’s pretty old (probably 1800’s), it’s embossed with “Lloyd M STUBBS RISHTON” and I was wondering if any of you had ever heard of them or know any info about it’s origin.

Thanks in advance

B8799936-8FD1-42A1-AAF8-EDF4E66766A8.jpg
steve2qec and Stevie R like this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2018, 10:21   #107

[QUOTE=Accyexplorer;1213827]Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted, I’ve been busy with work and family commitments...hope everyone’s well.

Right, I took the hound for a walk along the canal at Rishton and as I walked near the bridge at the end of bridge street I noticed a old bottle sticking out the soil (couldn’t believe my luck).

It’s pretty old (probably 1800’s), it’s embossed with “Lloyd M STUBBS RISHTON” and I was wondering if any of you had ever heard of them or know any info about it’s origin.

Thanks in advance

The Lancashire online parish clerk project shows a marriage on 17 Sept 1894 between William Turner and Elizabeth Emma Stubbs both of Clayton Le Moors. The brides father is listed as Lloyd Stubbs, mineral water manufacturer.
Mark
Accyexplorer likes this.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 12:52   #108
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted, I’ve been busy with work and family commitments...hope everyone’s well.

Thanks in advance

Attachment 56810
if tha wants to know owt bout bottles ask Jimmy Ticker Accy Market Hall
Accyexplorer likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 20:23   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
if tha wants to know owt bout bottles ask Jimmy Ticker Accy Market Hall
Had a few good chats with Jim about old bottle tips in the past, a top chap with time for anyone and what he’s doeant know isn’t worth knowing.
I just haven’t found the time to take it down and spend a couple of hours looking around the bits and oddities he’s accumulated.

password--Accyweb
Old 26-10-2018, 20:21   #110
Senior Member+

I wanted to share these items, they aren’t mine but they was found by a associate.
He locates old landfill sites and digs to recover forgotten items from our past (aka “a tip rat”)
DF083B3D-F4B6-4BAF-B57E-187D82FB6193.jpeg

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..