Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2016, 16:52   #106
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Halal butcher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I'd of said the seller (high street Butcher/ethnic convenience shop/supermarket chain) would be the guilty party as the abattoir would be supplying via contract to these certified establishments, thereby absolving themselves of any direct sales to the "non entitled".

Which then throws up the prickly question of fast food chains selling products that have been halal-ed, surely then they must have a visible warning/information sign clearly announcing their compliance & adherence to the produce they are retailing.
Wow! You've really been practising P.C. talk, how long has it been before you realised you are a lesbian?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2016, 18:19   #107
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Wow! You've really been practising P.C. talk, how long has it been before you realised you are a lesbian?
M'lud! I would advise my learned colleague that he's sorely misconceived my utterances as PC when they are in fact merely articulate. As for further confirmation to my un-PC credentials I would encourage his viewing of various other postings concerning whining lefties, precious snowflakes & disparate other wankerati.

Oh & I've been a lesbolian all me life!

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 27-11-2016 at 18:22.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 08:06   #108

Speaking just for myself, I feel insuring Halal gets some sort of priority sales treatment nationwide must also be a very clever ploy to increase its sales no? As our shall we say traditional way of life continues to get whittled away I'm becoming ever more fussy where I eat and even where I go sorry to say these days, not exactly what I envisaged in later life here in what's left of the UK.
Old 28-11-2016, 08:56   #109

Quote:

Oh & I've been a lesbolian all me life!
Nah, I reckon you've only been one from puberty, whereas I've been a Les all my life!
Old 28-11-2016, 17:43   #110
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nah, I reckon you've only been one from puberty, whereas I've been a Les all my life!
Aye 'appen as how you're right, but prior to the acne & afro I must've been a latent lesbo.
Old 05-12-2016, 13:42   #111
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Seems like the Alis' Snackbar boys & girls & even the vegetablists might just be about to gorge on "Bacon" after all.

Researchers discover seaweed that tastes like bacon and is twice as healthy as kale | The Independent
Old 18-09-2017, 19:52   #112
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Once more the Ali's Snackbar bods kicking off about "Their rights" what about the Kaffir kids rights in all this? Welcome to Lancashmiiri!

Muslims Threaten Boycott as Council Votes on Banning Halal Meat in School
Old 20-09-2017, 07:54   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Once more the Ali's Snackbar bods kicking off about "Their rights" what about the Kaffir kids rights in all this? Welcome to Lancashmiiri!

That could be easy sorted! If they boycott schools, send them back to country that this is fine practice. if they wont integrate or abide by our ways, what they doing here.?
bernie94 and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 20-09-2017, 15:35   #114
Beacon of light

Cashy...don't ask daft questions.

You KNOW the answer to that one!
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 16:25   #115

Quote:

What I loved about that link was this,

https://twitter.com/BreitbartLondon/...t-in-school%2F It is an old link, don't go rushing to buy them.

Imagine, Muslims up in arms again, makes a change from suicide bombers and gives them a chance of a long service medal!
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 28-10-2017, 11:18   #116
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:

And here's the follow up, looks like those "Nasty Nazis" (for the snowflakes & leftys, other nasty names for shutting down the arguement are available feel free to share!) on the council have told Ali's snackbar boys to do one! And that. to my mind is as it should be, this is after all (although it's hard to believe in some places) "Merry old England".

Lancashire council BANS unstunned halal meat in school dinners | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Although reading between the lines they've not had the stones to put a complete ban on the practice, more an appeasing lefty type compromise.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 28-10-2017 at 11:22.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 13:44   #117
Beacon of light

Some Muslims accept stunning ...just as long as it does not kill the animal.
My thoughts on this subject are that meals provided to children should follow legal guidelines. What the children eat in their own homes is something entirely different.
Non Muslim children should not be expected to consume unstunned halal products.
If the Muslims do not agree, then they are free to leave...the door is not locked.

I am fed up of us bending over backwards to accommodate incomes.
If people do not like our way of life, the answer is simple...do not come here.
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 28-10-2017, 17:11   #118

Could some one, anyone, please explain to me what is meant by Halal; a couple of yonks ago, whilst filling up the car I also picked up a bag of blackcurrent and liquorice sweets, on the packet it stated that they were (Halal).
How can anyone slit the throat and bleed out a blackcurrent or a liquorice plant.

Your's, a completly baffled Taddy.
DaveinGermany likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 17:56   #119
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
How can anyone slit the throat and bleed out a blackcurrent or a liquorice plant.
I think it's more an assurance that the sweeties are edible for mad mohammedans rather than the ingredients were ritually slaughtered Tads. Bit like over here the packaging for meats now displays a symbol of the animal it's from as the recent crop of "Enrichers" are a smidgeon dim & "No speaka da lingo!"
Old 28-10-2017, 17:59   #120
Beacon of light

Taddy...when you get sweets which have the halal marking on them it means that there are no ingredients which come from animals not slaughtered to the halal tradition...that any gelatine used(but it is usually a gelatine substitute) has not come from pigs.

With regard to the halal slaughter of animals.
Some muslims insist that the animal is not stunned at all because they want the animal to hear the prayers that are said for its soul...and the thanks to the animal for providing food. Some muslims believe that if the animal does not hear the words said over it, then the food is forbidden to them.

Kosher food is similar...they do not stun the animal they kill either. They recite prayers over it.

So anything that has the halal logo has no products in it that come from animals not slaughtered according to tradition.

I hope I have got that right and that it makes things clearer for you Taddy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..