Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2019, 03:17   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Really Really Old Stuff - Any Help Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB47 View Post
Thanks Cashman, Pat is my cousin and lives in London. She has lived there for ages after a few years moving about as an 'Army wife' as she married a soldier.

Yes, I agree she is "alright"

She was the eldest of my Mum's twin Jack Cornwall. You may know my other cousins who also lived in Newark Street at one time before moving to Dill Hall Lane - Joan, Keith and Michael Boast. All three still live in Accy as does their Mum (my aunt) who turned 100 in February.
A Boast family lived at 26 Persia St in the 1940s and 1950s.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2019, 09:06   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Steve....not sure if this will be any good to you, but I will post it anyway.
I got it off Ancestry.com.
I hope you haven't got it already.

If you want a better copy for your records then let me have an e-mail address where I can send it, but PM this to me rather than post it on here.
Thanks, Margaret. I already have his naval records from the Admiralty official records. That image there seems like only a partial record.
At one time I had the original written on a linen -type paper. I gave it to a relative in the States who framed it.
But thanks for your kind help in tying to get some information.
Old 15-10-2019, 09:09   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
A Boast family lived at 26 Persia St in the 1940s and 1950s.
Thanks, Bob. That may have been my relatives before they moved to Newark Street.

Tags
carter, royal navy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..