Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2021, 17:21   #16

Re: Whatever Has Happened To Sausages?

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1255745]Most serpently! Conspiracies abound my dear Tadster, you need to check your Ale mate, it's called Hobgoblin for a reason, come closer while I whisper you the horrible truth ..... come on, come here, lean in a bit (quick shufty round the room ...ok) it's distilled Hobby widdle mate .... shush shush, don't go spitting it all over the shop, yeah a fella down the boozer told me & he "worked" for the "Sunday Sport" so it must be true!

Oh, what a cracker, this must be the best post that I have ever heard since I decided to try to be less of a Luddite and at least (try) to join the modern day society, which I am not doing to well at; please keep them coming. I have not given you a (like) because other folk reckon that I am trying to hog the limelight.

Last edited by taddy; 04-08-2021 at 17:24.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2021, 17:32   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I know the guy your talking about!
Well, when I say I it’s not someone I’ve actually met but a mate of my cousins ex wife’s tarot card reader has dreamed about him.
And he reckons that guy from the Sunday Sport had his own pencil sharpener supplied by the company, a rumour was started that he broke the blade putting the rubber end of the pencil in by mistake.

Eggzakerly!! That's him! Or should that be Edd Sackerly? Yeah well, whatever, that's him right enough.
taddy likes this.
Old 04-08-2021, 17:36   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Eggzakerly!! That's him! Or should that be Edd Sackerly? Yeah well, whatever, that's him right enough.

Edd Sackerly was the name he used in the paper when disreporting events, in real life his name was (deleted by moderators).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 17:38   #19
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I have not given you a (like) because other folk reckon that I am trying to hog the limelight.

Neither here or there to me bud, if it makes folk chuckle, sends the thread off on tangents & gets folk joining in with the foolishness & frivolity ...... well all the better says I.
Less and taddy like this.
Old 04-08-2021, 17:40   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Neither here or there to me bud, if it makes folk chuckle, sends the thread off on tangents & gets folk joining in with the foolishness & frivolity ...... well all the better says I.

I gave that a like because it fits in with the way I run my life.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 04-08-2021, 17:42   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
(deleted by moderators).

That seems to be quite a popular name does that, along with Aywaytin Moderashun (sounds a bit foreign to me, must be from down south somewhere)
Old 04-08-2021, 17:45   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I gave that a like because it fits in with the way I run my life.

Ooh, check us out, they'll be telling us to get a room next!

time to "Go poke the woke!"

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 04-08-2021 at 17:47.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 18:34   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

all i know is i never buy sausages or bacon from supermarket cos they are crap and full of water. always get em from butchers except once when my butcher was away, so i proved it to myself then.
Old 04-08-2021, 19:31   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
Just been down to the supermarket and took a moment or two to look at sausages. I didn't find any that suggested you should not prick them. In fact by comparison with other products there was in general little advice given, mainly can/cannot freeze, make sure cooked all the way through. Didn't look at all the sausages but did look at enough to suggest 'don't prick' advice was rare if existant at all in this supermarket.
So, we have a right little doubting Thomas to deal with have we?

Just because you haven't found sausages with cooking instructions about not pricking your banger doesn't mean there aren't sausages in that category.
What did you think? Less made it up on the spare of the moment just because he was bored?

Well yes I was bored and AccyWeb as usual could do with a boost be it factual or banal, so after reading these instructions I posted them on site as a fact because they exist, my imagination isn't good enough to invent such a topic.

Below is a link with the instructions mentioned:-

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/280011075

If you look under 'Cooking Precautions' You will find what I said.

I apologise if this thread doesn't meet with your approval and finish with suggesting you start a thread yourself that meets your high standards.

It would make a nice change from everyone else doing the hard work for you.
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:08   #25

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255727]Unless a sausage is guaranteed organic, the casings are synthetic...man made...usually from collagen.

I thought that I had heard somewhere that the skins on some bangers were man made, (sorry ladies, people made) but what is the synthetic material that is used?
Old 05-08-2021, 08:18   #26

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1255751]Neither here or there to me bud, if it makes folk chuckle, sends the thread off on tangents & gets folk joining in with the foolishness & frivolity ...... well all the better says I.

I have changed my mind and given you a well deserved like anyway,it is only one click of the rodent button and as I said it is the best post That I have seen on Accy Web.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:32   #27
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1255762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Unless a sausage is guaranteed organic, the casings are synthetic...man made...usually from collagen.

I thought that I had heard somewhere that the skins on some bangers were man made, (sorry ladies, people made) but what is the synthetic material that is used?
I don’t know exactly what the man made (I have no problems with this terminology)portion of the skin is....but it includes collagen which is a naturally occurring protein....present in the connective tissue of mammals.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:44   #28

Below is a link with the instructions mentioned:-

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/280011075

If you look under 'Cooking Precautions' You will find what I said.

I have just "Googled", the above, it does not make nice reading; Ingredients, quote, Calcium Lactate, Disodium Diphosphate, Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Sodium Metabisulphate, Filled into Aliginate casings, (SKINS), my words. now then, what is Alginate? further googling came up with this, Quote, "with Alginate, meats can be (reconstucted) to resemble traditional cuts".
it is also used in wound dressings and is made primarily from seaweed.
Enjoy, your meal old lad
Old 05-08-2021, 09:47   #29

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255773][QUOTE=taddy;1255762]

I don’t know exactly what the man made (I have no problems with this terminology)portion of the skin is....but it includes collagen which is a naturally occurring protein....present in the connective tissue of mammals.

Thanks Marge.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:48   #30
Beacon of light

This is one of the reasons that I rarely eat sausages (though I do cook them for the old feller..he likes them)...and if I do have them....I remove the skins once they are cooked.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..