Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2011, 14:25   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Kodak Printers Claims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ive just changed the black cartridge in my cannon and the colours still going strong, if Kodak are doing that its shooting their claims out of the sky the cheating gits
Jaysay I have tried several times to print a letter and the printer always says "you need a new color cartridge!" and then tells me there is some black ink still in black cartridge! That's the first printer I've ever had that does this - so your are right - cheating gits!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2011, 16:09   #17
Senior Member+

Kodak are now offering me free Printer Cartridges.
Old 30-12-2011, 16:20   #18
Senior Member+

I swear by my epson, I buy cheap replacement cartridges from the market (£8.00 a full set- all individual colours) I only have to replace the individual colour when it runs out and the photo quality printing is as good as lab printing. by making sure i have the right settings on the printer for the job the ink lasts ages too
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 21:19   #19
Resting in Peace

Whoops, just bought a Kodak scanner and printer ... well, it has this pretty yellow stripe which colour co-ordinates with my room...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 22:22   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Jaysay I have tried several times to print a letter and the printer always says "you need a new color cartridge!" and then tells me there is some black ink still in black cartridge! That's the first printer I've ever had that does this - so your are right - cheating gits!
If you look on the back of a printer cartridge, there is a gold dooffer, that resembles a miniature sim card, thats where the problem lies, try gently cleaning it with a bit of paper tissue, same with the contacts it touches in the printer, a minute amount of verdigris will give a false reading.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:04   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Whoops, just bought a Kodak scanner and printer ... well, it has this pretty yellow stripe which colour co-ordinates with my room...
Typical woman
Old 04-01-2012, 15:47   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
If you look on the back of a printer cartridge, there is a gold dooffer, that resembles a miniature sim card, thats where the problem lies, try gently cleaning it with a bit of paper tissue, same with the contacts it touches in the printer, a minute amount of verdigris will give a false reading.
Too late now I replaced them. I have never had the problem before with numerous other printers!
Old 04-01-2012, 18:32   #23

HELP! - my Lexmark printer started playing up. If I try to print a letter it sounds like it's working but just chucks out a blank sheet. For a crossword it will print the grid but misses out the numbers and the clues. It will photocopy OK so I don't think it's a problem with the ink. ANY IDEAS?
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 19:22   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
HELP! - my Lexmark printer started playing up. If I try to print a letter it sounds like it's working but just chucks out a blank sheet. For a crossword it will print the grid but misses out the numbers and the clues. It will photocopy OK so I don't think it's a problem with the ink. ANY IDEAS?
Find your disc & try reinstalling as a new printer.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 19:32   #25

I think the black ink cartridge is duff - it will print colour. The thing I copied looked black but on closer inspection is probably just a dark colour shade.

(Think I'll ditch it & get an Epson - refills are cheaper & the factory is just up the road from me.)

Last edited by davebtelford; 04-01-2012 at 19:36.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Find your disc & try reinstalling as a new printer.

or even better go to the manufacturers website and download the latest version of the drivers, the ones on the discs are often ancient versions.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 19:20   #27
Senior Member+

I bought one of the Kodak printers, I've done loads of printing off from photos to sticker charts and pictures for the kids and I'm still on the original cartridge I got with the printer!
Maybe yours was a faulty one (either the cartridge or the printer) ??
Old 20-01-2012, 16:30   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
I bought one of the Kodak printers, I've done loads of printing off from photos to sticker charts and pictures for the kids and I'm still on the original cartridge I got with the printer!
Maybe yours was a faulty one (either the cartridge or the printer) ??
Which model did you buy?

I have replaced the cartridges and they work but I left if for a couple of week without printing anything and the text was then unevenly spread! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED ON ANY OTHER PRINTER I'VE EVER HAD AND SOME I'VE LEFT STANDING FOR LONGER THAN THIS!
Old 20-01-2012, 18:07   #29
Resting in Peace

The assistant in the store told me that all printers were sold with low inks ? Mind you, he was texting at the same time he was attending to me.
Haven't installed yet ...sent for more patient and knowledgeable brother. Mine's an ESP C315.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 17:35   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
The assistant in the store told me that all printers were sold with low inks ? Mind you, he was texting at the same time he was attending to me.
Haven't installed yet ...sent for more patient and knowledgeable brother. Mine's an ESP C315.
Today I got the free replacement cartridges. All printers I've bought previously had full cartridges and lasted a long time so I don't think it's right what he said. This is the first time I bought a Kodak; an ESP C110. Note: last week news reports came out saying Kodak are close to bankruptcy!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..