Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2014, 23:03   #1
Senior Member+

No 3D vision for me. You?

Recently bought a 27" 144hz monitor for gaming and today my 3D vision 2 glasses turned up.

End of the setup I am asked what do I see in this mess of dots. It gives you a choice the mess or the mess with a square. I chose mess and I got this " 3D health test failed please see an eye doctor 3D will be disabled.

Weird I went back and chose other option. Played battlefield 4 and didn't think all that much of it. I ran the test and had a couple of mates look at it. One with good eyesight and another like me with glasses. They could both see the square in the image.

So i searched and I searched. After tea I searched some more and found the answer. Lazy eye. Turns out because of my lazy eye I can't see 3D images. I guess it's the same as those magic images that I could never see owt in.

Well that sucked. £120 down the swan. But the monitor. 144hz is still a great thing for gaming purposes.

So. Anyone else have problems with 3D?
Old 07-10-2014, 16:15   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: No 3D vision for me. You?

No problem at all me, I don't bother wi it.
Restless likes this.
Old 07-10-2014, 18:02   #3
Senior Member+

After watching a five minutes demonstration in a shop, I was only browsing, I decided it wasn't very good or clear so I didn't spend the money I wasn't going to spend to start with.
Restless likes this.
Old 07-10-2014, 18:46   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
After watching a five minutes demonstration in a shop, I was only browsing, I decided it wasn't very good or clear so I didn't spend the money I wasn't going to spend to start with.
It never is any good in the shop, fortunately I saw my first home 3d on a set-up that had been well thought out and positioned well for all to see correctly.

Due to this I have decided to invest in a home cinema arrangement for myself, half has arrived the rest will be here in the next few days.

Fortunately unlike Restless the 3d for me is great, though I am now just starting to wonder why I've invested in a state of the art sound system? After all I wear hearing aids...

...still if I can't enjoy the sound at least my neighbours can!
Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 19:31   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Anyone else have problems with 3D?

Only after 7 pints Rob..the 8th always looks closer.
flashy likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 18:18   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: No 3D vision for me. You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It never is any good in the shop, fortunately I saw my first home 3d on a set-up that had been well thought out and positioned well for all to see correctly.

Due to this I have decided to invest in a home cinema arrangement for myself, half has arrived the rest will be here in the next few days.

Fortunately unlike Restless the 3d for me is great, though I am now just starting to wonder why I've invested in a state of the art sound system? After all I wear hearing aids...

...still if I can't enjoy the sound at least my neighbours can!
So, yesterday I thought I had all the bits together, started assembling my 'home cinema', not as simple as you might think.
Height of ceiling, distance from screen, size of screen, maximum angle of thingy away from the projector plus remembering ones blood type, (majority of kit from China, amazing how they don't take sharp edges into account).

From two in the afternoon until early hours of today assembling/disassembling until I got it right.

Instructions? Oh yes they were there, in chinglish! Even more misleading were the drawings a description of something that has 12 buttons when it actually has 4 buttons with 3 extra functions per button.

Got it up and running about 3 o'clock too tired to watch anything.

Too busy today to try it out until now.

What do I put on?

Despicable me perhaps or maybe some other 3d movie such as the Hobbit?

Oh no, all that effort, all that high tech equipment, I put on casablanca, of all the films in all the world...
Yet, I'm enjoying the way it gives the old feel of an old projector which is exactly how I watched it the first time.
Restless and Stevie R like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 17:53   #7
God Member

my 3d tv didnt have any fancy setup requirements i just put on a 3d movie and put on my glasses

my brothers 3D tv is far better than mine infact his 3d glasses are battery operated yet i see a much better picture than he does

this is mainly because he only has one eye.I think he was hoping because they no longer use blue and red glasses he could watch 3d tv .

anyone pops up on draggons den with a 3d monical will make a killing

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 17:56   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
this is mainly because he only has one eye.I
we saw ya brother a few months ago. You know. He wen't out with my sister for a few weeks back in the later part of the 1990's

Anyway. I hear there is two kinds, passive and whatever... so anyway. I have this crap to sell now ... £120 down the drain
Old 24-10-2014, 13:49   #9
God Member

your sister was lucky iv had to put up with him since i was 5
Restless likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 16:42   #10

I'm exactly the same as you, Restless. I, too, have a lazy eye.

This was confirmed by my optician when I asked her why I couldn't see 3D images. To see them, you need two good eyes.

I console nyself in the knowledge 3D always seems a passing fad. A friend bought a 3D TV last year. I asked him recently how it was going. His reply? The novelty wore off after a fortnight.
Restless likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 13:53   #11
Senior Member+

Don't have itor want it.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 15:44   #12
Senior Member+

Along with the cost associated with buying a new TV, the link below outlines another reason why we don't upgrade and have the latest all singing, all dancing, 'smart 3D TV' (with a built-in camera)

"Samsung is warning customers to avoid discussing personal information in front of their smart television set.
The warning applies to TV viewers who control their Samsung Smart TV using its voice activation feature.
Such TV sets "listen" to every conversation held in front of them and may share any details they hear with Samsung or third parties, it said."

Not in front of the telly: Warning over 'listening' TV - BBC News

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 21:50   #13
Senior Member+

Let me just read out my credit card details in front of my TV . Ugh. Smart TV's suck anyway. Give me XBMC anyday
Old 09-02-2015, 23:29   #14
Senior Member+

I wonder how many folk would start wearing a balaclava when 'watching' babestation etc....I'd end up snipping the wires on the microphone and putting tape over the camera out of paranoia

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:35   #15
Senior Member+

It is a wonder just how vulnerable it might be to hackers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..