Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2008, 21:35   #61
I am Banned

Re: Photo Competition 52

I cant upload a photo to the comp - anyone know why ?
help.......
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2008, 21:47   #62
I am Banned

its okay i have sorted it lol
Old 28-09-2008, 21:47   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
I cant upload a photo to the comp - anyone know why ?
help.......
Eeew hek ! We are doomed ! Upset the Gremlins...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 21:58   #64
I am Banned

lol I am sure there is normally a button that uploads straight to a comp - but i had to link it to the comp from the picture - i suppose it has changed i must have missed it somewhere - oh well - ( i think i should have stayed blonde lol )
Old 29-09-2008, 22:03   #65
Resting in Peace

OK, so I set out to Blackburn, after rehearsal tonight, to take what I thought would make a good photograph (well looked good when driving past).

Parked 50 yards away, and risked arm and limb in the pouring rain and wind (for heaven's sake, curled me hair !), plus trying to cross the road complex which seemed to be the pedestrian spaghetti junction of Bolton Road and strange looks from a police car. I am trying to be a good soldier honest !.

What a load of rubbish they turned out to be .... plus the blooming batteries failed on me again !! Back to the drawing board ... LOL.

Any advice on taking night photos would be appreciated.

By the way, some absolutely smashing photos in there.

various 002.jpg It's a great structure though

Last edited by katex; 29-09-2008 at 22:07.
Old 30-09-2008, 03:13   #66
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Photo Competition 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
OK, so I set out to Blackburn, after rehearsal tonight, to take what I thought would make a good photograph (well looked good when driving past).

Parked 50 yards away, and risked arm and limb in the pouring rain and wind (for heaven's sake, curled me hair !), plus trying to cross the road complex which seemed to be the pedestrian spaghetti junction of Bolton Road and strange looks from a police car. I am trying to be a good soldier honest !.

What a load of rubbish they turned out to be .... plus the blooming batteries failed on me again !! Back to the drawing board ... LOL.

Any advice on taking night photos would be appreciated.

By the way, some absolutely smashing photos in there.

Attachment 12650 It's a great structure though
Is that the new bridge?

If you haven’t got a tripod then put your camera on something solid and hold it still.
Old 30-09-2008, 06:16   #67
Resting in Peace

Katex as Jambutty said you need a tripod or a wall to rest the camera on for night shots as the exposure is a lot longer than normal and any camera shake will show up.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 08:43   #68
Resting in Peace

Thanks fellas ... don't know what that police car would have thought though, carrying a tripod at 10 p.m. ... might have finished up in the cells ...
Can you get fold up ones ?

Yes, is the new bridge Jambutty, I love bridges and think this is quite beautiful. I know I'm weird. Haven't driven over it yet, so haven't a clue where it goes.
Old 30-09-2008, 08:46   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thanks fellas ... don't know what that police car would have thought though, carrying a tripod at 10 p.m. ... might have finished up in the cells ...
Can you get fold up ones ?

Yes, is the new bridge Jambutty, I love bridges and think this is quite beautiful. I know I'm weird. Haven't driven over it yet, so haven't a clue where it goes.
we got a little one from the pound shop, handy for rare use and will go in any womens handbag along with the kitchen sink
Old 30-09-2008, 08:47   #70
Resting in Peace

Most tripods close down to a small size and you can get little table top ones so you can put it on a wall
Old 30-09-2008, 11:56   #71
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Photo Competition 52

Wasn’t there a new type of tripod on The Gadget Show some time back where the legs were flexible and would grip onto posts, railings etc as well as behaving like a normal tripod, albeit a short one?

When taking night shots, try to avoid having bright lights in the frame. The exposure calculating gubbins in the camera will use them to calculate the exposure time and leave the bulk of the picture in the dark, so to speak.

Or you could fettle the picture by adjusting the Brightness/Contrast and Gamma Correction in something like Paint Shop Pro or Adobe to produce this.

You can have the picture if you want it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg night1.jpg (28.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-10-2008, 06:47   #72
Resting in Peace

OK uploads close at 10pm tonight so if your intending to enter please upload your photo's soon thank you.
Old 03-10-2008, 20:08   #73
Resting in Peace

Failed miserably to get some of my own last night .. thought would take some of the viaduct .. but to get a good shot would have had to scramble in the middle of it ... night in the cells at least.

Have put some up that my brother (Tubbyless) sent me ... hope you enjoy them ...

Best of luck everyone.

Will collect me prize next week Mick .. promise.
Old 03-10-2008, 20:12   #74
God Member

I put a comment on one of them pics Kate.... it's a cracker!

Have said on the comment too... looks like there is a story behind it

Tis just that kind of pic
Old 03-10-2008, 21:04   #75
Resting in Peace

Uploads are now closed
you now have till 10pm sunday to VOTE!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..